You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Klingbeil Skating Boots & MK Phantom Special Blades - Brand New!  (Read 3256 times)

Offline AZSk8er

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
Klingbeil Skating Boots & MK Phantom Special Blades - Brand New!
« on: December 09, 2016, 11:28:21 PM »
This combination has been referred to as "Figure Skating's Sacred Footwear" and revered by serious figure skaters around the world.  Here's why…

A proper skate boot will maintain the foot position so the skater’s weight is thrown neither too far forward nor backward, neither left nor right at the beginning of a jump; it will offer sufficient give for her to bend the knee and ankle so that she can spring into the air powerfully enough to give her the time and height to rotate three times — and, if she has maintained a perfectly balanced rotational axis, to “check” or counter-rotate for the purpose of stopping the turn. Finally, the proper boot will provide the requisite ankle support for her to land on that sliver of athletic steel, on that slab of man-made ice, with a force 10 to 12 times her weight — and then repeat the cycle again and again.

If you felt yourself getting a bit excited reading that, then these may be the perfect skates for you. Brand new, never used, Klingbeil custom suede skating boots, size 8 - 8 1/2, perfectly matched to a new pair of MK "Phantom Special " Sheffield Steel blades made in the UK.

I've been a semi-pro skater since the mid-1990's and even lived in Sun Valley for awhile and skated with Olympic skaters in their off-season shows.  I ordered these Klingbeils in 1999 and paid $1,500.00 for them.  Career-related obligations interrupted my passion for skating and I was forced to take a few years off.  I recently got back into skating and 2017 was going to be the year I retired my current pair of Harlicks and got these beauties out of the closet and onto the ice. That is until a recent hard fall shocked me into rethinking my life's priorities.

It hurts my heart to part with these, but I know that to continue following my skating passion would be a selfish decision on my part and unfair to my family. I also know that the person who buys these skates will find  them to be the greatest investment they've ever made in their skating pleasure.

I'm asking $1,250.00 for them and will consider reasonable offers. Cash or PayPal only and I will ship them for free within the contiguous United States. Let me know if you have any questions I can address.