You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: A reminder about Sitting on the Boards  (Read 1592 times)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
A reminder about Sitting on the Boards
« on: March 15, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »
Sitting on the Boards is not a 'private' forum. Although only members can post here, it's open for anyone on the internet to read. So if you're posting about personal, children, coach issues, or contain video it would be better to take it to one of the private forums such as On Ice Training, Videos or Watching the Zamboni. Look for the "members only" after the forum title.

I've noticed a couple of people tend to post stuff about their kids here. Even though it's anonymous, it's worth considering whether you want that available to internet search engines.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline nicklaszlo

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 221
Re: A reminder about Sitting on the Boards
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
Also, mods move things from the private to the public forums sometimes.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »
I'd be wary about thinking private forums are private.  Anyone can sign up for a board account.

Good reminder Agnes.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »
I'd be wary about thinking private forums are private.  Anyone can sign up for a board account.

True. Since Skittl brought this up, let me expand on it for other readers.

A couple of years ago there was an adult skater who identified herself and her rink, then did a long rant about her unhappiness with her coach. Ouch! Even if her coach wasn't on the boards, anyone from the rink who  was on the forum could have passed that rant to the coach. 

So those posters who want to vent, or ask questions about specific coach issues should take care to couch the questions in generalities, or obfuscate the situation, or tactfully as possible ask for advice for clarification with a situation. 

Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/