You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: GAM Problems  (Read 1315 times)

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
GAM Problems
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:35:26 PM »
I've worn GAM/Jackson skates for quite awhile now... at least ten years.  I recently purchased a new pair and something about them just doesn't feel right.  They pull at my left foot and no matter how I position the blade, I have the same issue.  Also, although I don't experience the same pulling sensation on my right foot, my backspins are all wonky and something just isn't right.  And, as anyone who's skated for awhile knows, you just know when something isn't 'right' with your skates!  My coach has suggested that maybe the boot is warped and we've noticed that the plate doesn't meet the boot properly on the left skate.

Now, this is certainly annoying, but what's even more annoying is GAM's customer service.  I've emailed several times and haven't gotten any sort of response.  This is more infuriating than the freaking skates!  My dealer also put in a warranty request but also hasn't heard back.  I mean, I was upset about the skates, but all I wanted was for someone to have a look at them... it's the lack of customer service that has me ready to scream!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to handle this situation?  Any contact info for GAM other than the generic?  I'm beyond frustrated and ready to move onto another brand because of this.

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
Re: GAM Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »
The proshop should take them back and order you new ones if they are not made correctly.

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
Re: GAM Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
That's what I thought, too.  However, the owner of the skate shop in my area recently bought the business, and although she gave me great service, she has pretty bluntly told me that she doesn't know what's wrong or what to do.  Her suggestion was to take them to a more experienced skate tech to have the mounting checked - which I did and he said it was just fine after checking it by eye and watching me skate.

She did say that she would contact GAM's warranty department, but she hasn't heard back either.