You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Boot question?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline RosiePosie.iskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 37
Boot question?
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »
Call me crazy, paranoid, or obsessive compulsive, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! So on my boot, there's this one place where the white part is seperating a bit from the leather sole. (Sorry, don't know the technical terms for this stuff. :blush:) It's not major, just around an 1nch or so long, and not very deep. Like, 2 milliliters in. It's been there since I got the boots, in late June. Both my skate technician, pro, and sharpener have looked the boots over, but I never specifically mentioned this, and neither did they. So, that's why I've never asked before.
I noticed at practice today that some water gets in there, could that potentionally cause damage? There is some water discoloration on the boot a little above where this is. I've tried plugging it with snoseal, but that won't work because it's in an area where the boot bend and flexes alot. The outer part of the left foot, below the knuckle of the baby toe.
So anyways, if it isn't going to cause damage, do you recommend skate tape or polish for the discoloration? I know that's not a big issue, it's just that it's sort of annoying to look at. Sorry for being overly worried.
Any tips or suggestions would be great!  :laugh:
Don't practice it until you don't do it wrong, practice until you can't do it wrong.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Boot question?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
Tough call. I would think the skate tape might keep it from drying out. 
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
Thanks! :) Will get some soon.  :D I'm sorry I can't show you a picture, my camera isn't working right now.  :(
Don't practice it until you don't do it wrong, practice until you can't do it wrong.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »
Thanks! :) Will get some soon.  :D I'm sorry I can't show you a picture, my camera isn't working right now.  :(

Ooops, I meant the skate tape might keep the area under it from drying out and that might make it worse.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
Ooops, I meant the skate tape might keep the area under it from drying out and that might make it worse.

I agree, skate tape might not be a good idea. It might just exacerbate the water damage.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 03:40:07 PM »
Thanks! Good thing I didn't buy the tape yet. 88)