You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Help me with my skate bag please?  (Read 3807 times)

Offline Finallyskating

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 16
Help me with my skate bag please?
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
is there a special  way to put in the skates?
I bought a regular Jerry's skate bag from skate buys.com
When the skates Are iin, I can barely zip it shut.and the the bag looks fat..definitely no room to fit gloves, or anything in the pretty 2 zipper pouches in the outside at all....
am I doing something wrong?

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
Re: Help me with my skate bag please?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »
Maybe the bag is too small?  If it was made for children's size skates and you wear adult skates, for instance- it won't work.

Offline Finallyskating

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
http://www.skate-buys.com/jeshpaskba.html
This was the bag...I just dont I stand the shape of it..like they didn't make the bottom wide enough for 2 skates..

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
That looks like it's for kid's skates.  The adults I have seen skate use transpack.  It looks bigger.

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »
I had one of those and discovered I needed a bigger one!  I have a Transpack bag - works very well!  

http://www.figureskateoutlet.com/FSOprodinfo.php?category=FigureSkateBags&productSKU=T0681-40

Offline Finallyskating

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:30:31 PM »
Yep..looking at the same pransport ice bag now...Just hoping its not too big...For now I o ly really need something to carry my skates, but then give me reachable room for wallet, cloth, guards, phone, gloves, and epipens...I joist bought the Jerry's bag cause it seemed like those were the bags I saw on every skate bag site...maybe that why they only talk able the zipper storage on the bottom..but even that has no space, maybe just for keys, money, that's it..could barely get my boot covers for practice in there..lol...plus not cheap..over $40 with shipping

Offline Finallyskating

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
Sorry for typos.plus iPad keeps doing a weird auto correct..lol

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »
Transpack bags have a great middle compartment just for all that stuff.  I don't think it is too big- kind of like a fat backpack.  I can fit my blade guards standing up and a great variety of other things that somehow make it into your bag when you start skating :-)

Offline Orianna2000

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 22
    • Yesterday's Thimble
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:49:30 PM »
I have the A&R Deluxe Ice Skate Bag from Amazon. It works really well for me. It has two large zipper pockets for your skates--one each, so they don't scuff each other up--plus, a third, smaller, zipper pocket that holds gloves, hand towel, keys, wallet, etc., plus a tiny pocket on the outside that fits a cellphone, and a mesh pocket for a water bottle. I love it. It has a nice shoulder strap, too. The only problem is, our pro-shop sells the non-deluxe version of the same bag, which only holds your skates and nothing extra, so a couple of girls at the rink have those, and they can be hard to tell apart. I bought a skater's luggage tag to put on mine, to make sure nobody walks off with my bag by accident.

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 03:44:39 AM »
I had that one, and it wasn't designed for my adult sized skates. I made it work for about 6 months and then gave up and bought a zuca. Still not greatly designed for adult sized skates, but they fit and there's enough other space for gloves etc.

Offline Finallyskating

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 07:48:46 AM »
thanks everyone....I wish they would state that...as on all the sites of that Jerry's bag they say nothing about it being for kids...I ended up buying the transpack ice, with the black and white polka dots..I figure in the long run it will better..even when my toddler takes her lesson, I can still carry her, and have that securely on my back....just a pain now as now I have to pay to send that back Im out out the $13 shipping what it cost to mail it to me, and shipping it back ...

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »
You could try to see if they will pay return shipping.  Unless the dimensions are listed, it was kind of mis-advertised.  You would think a bag designed to hold skates would, you know, hold skates.

Offline Finallyskating

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
good news..my sister who also just started skating as an adult is going to buy it from me..she said she doesnt need all the space I need....so, anyway, it worked out..her skates are also a full size smaller then mine :)