You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: New boots  (Read 1224 times)

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
New boots
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »
I worked 14+ hours of overtime last week to put a good chunk toward new skates. I ordered them yesterday. New Premieres. It'll take 8-10 weeks for my split-width to come in. Hopefully, current blades will fit.

I got nearly four years out of my current pair. Not bad for an overweight middle aged skater. They're nearly pristine except for the flex notches where they are breaking down.

New coach and new boots. 2018 should be exciting.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline TropicalSk8ter

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 3
  • live, breathe, eat figure skating
Re: New boots
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 02:52:12 AM »
I worked 14+ hours of overtime last week to put a good chunk toward new skates. I ordered them yesterday. New Premieres. It'll take 8-10 weeks for my split-width to come in. Hopefully, current blades will fit.

I got nearly four years out of my current pair. Not bad for an overweight middle aged skater. They're nearly pristine except for the flex notches where they are breaking down.

New coach and new boots. 2018 should be exciting.
Gotta get that extra pay to support our passion!

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: New boots
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 04:31:03 PM »
That is a great idea to just work more (!) and then set the money aside to buy skates!

If I didn't work more to support my buying of health insurance I would do just that!  Maybe once I am on Medicare....

Have fun with your new skates!