You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: British Adult Championships  (Read 2562 times)

Offline HannahLouise

• Beware the Bars of Death!
  • Total GOE: 1
British Adult Championships
« on: July 31, 2013, 04:33:29 AM »
Hello! Just a few questions on the British Adult Championships as I really want to go in a few years.

So firstly, how old do you have to be- I've been led to believe that it's 18?

Also, I did find the elements required for each level (like pre-bronze, bronze, silver, gold and masters) but I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know what they are or know where to find them? It doesn't matter if they're a few years old, a rough outline would be perfect!

Thank you  :)

Offline taka

• Kid Magnet
  • Total GOE: 67
Re: British Adult Championships
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »
BACS is 21 and over though some of the other UK adult skating competitions are 18 and over I think.

The link to the 2014 announcement is here. (The one with the June date is the correct one - they changed the dates about a month after the initial announcement went out so it wouldn't clash with Oberstdorf.) They have brought in minimum test passes (or minimum IJS competition scores) in order to enter as of 2014.

Previous years announcements and results pages are buried somewhere on the NISA site too, if you want to brave the less than optimal search engine! The previous few years BACs videos are on NISATV if you want to see some of it. (Free to view if you are a member - you need your membership and NISA pin numbers to log in with.)

Offline HannahLouise

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:18 AM »
Thank you! I'm a member but its still impossible to find anything!
What is there for below 18 then? As I started late and don't really want to be with a bunch of seven year olds... Thanks for the link too  :angel:

Offline HannahLouise

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »
Link was brilliant thank you!

Offline taka

• Kid Magnet
  • Total GOE: 67
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 12:43:59 PM »
Thank you! I'm a member but its still impossible to find anything!
What is there for below 18 then? As I started late and don't really want to be with a bunch of seven year olds... Thanks for the link too  :angel:
For under 18s I think it is just the regular Open competitions. Not sure what level you are but some of the earlier levels may be split into 2 or more age groupings (eg 12 and over). If you are past level 2 or so then I think everyone is in together whether they are 7 or 17, sorry!

Offline HannahLouise

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 12:52:27 PM »
Thank you :) I think I will wait for the adult championships and work on getting in the Gold group :)