You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: What is your favorite Competition as a Competitor?  (Read 1615 times)

Offline FSWer

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 1
What is your favorite Competition as a Competitor?
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:02:04 PM »
Ok...I don't know if we've ever talked about this. But what I want to know today is..what is your favorite Competition as a Competitive Skater?

Offline techskater

• Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
Re: What is your favorite Competition as a Competitor?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:32:24 PM »
US Adult Nationals!   :angel :angel:

Offline TripleDoubleDouble

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:20:44 AM »
Well for a long time I really, really, really loved doing Hershey but that's been on a decline. From the past few seasons either Moran or Liberty! Really great competitions, they get me pumped up, they're really intense, and there are lots of elite seniors to watch when you aren't competing yourself  ;D
"But if you can't stand up on that podium with a huge smile on your face; if you can't run to your mom or dad or friend for a huge; if you can't laugh at yourself; if you haven't had lots and lots and lots of fun along the way- then you don't want to be there."~ Michelle Kwan

Offline singerskates

• Synchro Stompin'
  • Total GOE: 6
  • Canadian Adult Skater
    • Singerskates Sports Music Editing
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 03:01:40 AM »
My favourite competition in which I compete is the Skate Canada Adult Championships which is known to the rest of the world as Adult Canadians. I've competing in this competition every year with the exceptions of 2006 (surgery, illness and I still wasn't in shape yet after the 2005 work place accident) and 2009 (didn't have the cash to compete and the only airline that flew to Fredericton, NB was Air Canada). That means I've competed in Adult Canadians 5 of the 7 times since 2004 when the first one was held in Burnaby, BC. I'll be competing at my 6Th Adult Canadians in Sarnia, ON this coming April 8 to 10, 2011.

I like to meet up with my skating friends from across the country and getting the feeling of competing at a Skate Canada nationals is cool. Skate Canada treats us adult competitors during the competition the same as if we were a competitor in the Skate Canada Figure Skating Championships a.k.a. Canadians.
"It's not age that determines but the heart." "Skating is not just a sport for the young but it's a passion for the soul of the young at heart." Brigitte Laskowski

I am an adult skater who is a member of Tecumseh Skating  WOS for 2012 2013 season.