You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: NYC Flexafit workshop - putting out feelers  (Read 2284 times)

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
  • Total GOE: 8
NYC Flexafit workshop - putting out feelers
« on: July 03, 2019, 07:45:58 PM »
I am trying to put together an ADULT Flexafit with Signe Ronka workshop on 7/19 just outside of Manhattan (very accessible by train from Manhattan), pending rink approval. It would be from about 2:15-6:30pm.

www.flexafit.com

This 3-hour off-ice and 1 hour on ice clinic will put the skater through a proper sport-specific warm-up routine that you can use before your workouts, on ice practice and competition prep.

Adults participating in freestyle will have a 30 min off-ice jump session, training jump height, spatial awareness, quick twitch and jumps across the floor.  If you are not a jumper. during the 30 min jump session, those who do not want to partake in the jump session will have an alternative balance training program will be taught simultaneously.

In addition to warm up and jumps, you will be put through sport specific training plans to prepare you for the on-ice demands.  Workouts will include the following physical components:
- metabolic circuits
- agility drills
- coordination exercises
- strength & conditioning
- balance & stability training
- functional core training

The final component is flexibility training.  You will learn some really awesome easy-to-do exercises to take home with you. 

Following off-ice training, we will take it to the ice to see how all our great off-ice training can be put to the test on the ice.

If you are interested please let me know.  We can have up to 30 participants but I am shooting for 20-25 to get the price at about $100 or less per person and want to be ready and set to go when we get the go-ahead from the rink hopefully!
Working on Silver MITF and Bronze Freestyle