You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Icemom website  (Read 6194 times)

Offline retired

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 71
Icemom website
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:35:37 PM »
Anyone know what happened to http://www.icemom.blogspot.com/ and http://icemom.net/  ?  Has it moved again?

Offline KillianL

• Beware the Bars of Death!
  • Total GOE: 2
Re: Icemom website
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:33:08 PM »
I have been wondering the very same thing myself.  IceMom, nor IceCoach, IceGirl, & SynchroMom seem to have vanished.  IceMom hasn't posted on Facebook in nearly a year either.   ???

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »
I wonder if she got overwhelmed with the blog, or if her daughter stopped skating.

Hope everyone is okay. 

Offline retired

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 71
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
I didn't know there were other sites (surprised).   I had guessed that her daughter had stopped skating.  It was always a lively blog on blogspot with good comments.

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:11:38 AM »
Odd that she left the blogs online but didn't post a farewell.

IIRC, her DD had started pursuing PSA ratings and she had another skater-daughter, right? 

Maybe doing all that and trying to maintain multiple websites overwhelmed the family.  Hope it wasn't anything more serious.

-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline icefrog

• Flippin' Flutzstrated
  • Total GOE: 8
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 09:12:54 AM »
I think she only has one daughter. I thought she had a blog post where she said she would take a break and not write as much then she just stopped. I really liked her blog, but after she started to post everyday it was t as informative imo. She said in a blog post she makes dresses for girls in her club, works full-time, does the blog, and take her kid to skating. I'm not really sure how all that is possible without dropping a ball somewhere. Maybe she had problems at the rink because of it too

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:33 AM »
I think she only has one daughter. I thought she had a blog post where she said she would take a break and not write as much then she just stopped. I really liked her blog, but after she started to post everyday it was t as informative imo. She said in a blog post she makes dresses for girls in her club, works full-time, does the blog, and take her kid to skating. I'm not really sure how all that is possible without dropping a ball somewhere. Maybe she had problems at the rink because of it too

There's also the blog "Why me St Lidwina." It's fun to read, but I'd hate to skate at the same rink as the author. I can see the issue of 'problems at the rink' being an issue for any skating blogger if you're not careful about how you write it, but no one will read it unless it's gossipy.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
There's also the blog "Why me St Lidwina." It's fun to read, but I'd hate to skate at the same rink as the author. I can see the issue of 'problems at the rink' being an issue for any skating blogger if you're not careful about how you write it, but no one will read it unless it's gossipy.
Never heard of it before - the beginning posts are great.  I think I've found my soulmate as a skating mom: "I'll write about the Ultimate Scam that is the Zuca Bag later."  However, she uses an f-bomb or other curseword in pretty much every post.  Makes me wonder what her kid's hearing.

Thanks for sharing the site.
http://whymelidwina.blogspot.com
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 12:09:41 PM »

This blogger and Xanboni! started a weekly #skatemoms chat on Twitter, which sounds like a lot of fun :)
http://xan-boni.blogspot.com/2011/07/skatemoms-chat.html

searchhash.com can show the latest chat in its entirety, but participating is always better than lurking!

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Does anyone know what happened to ice mom?
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 06:51:53 PM »
I used to like to go to her website and read her blog. I noticed there has been nothing new since March. Does anyone know why?

Offline Xanboni

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 06:42:29 AM »
Icemom got a promotion and hasn't been able to spend time blogging, sadly. I still hear from her now and then.  Icecoach is still teaching; no word on Icegirl!

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 04:23:03 PM »
Icemom got a promotion and hasn't been able to spend time blogging, sadly. I still hear from her now and then.  Icecoach is still teaching; no word on Icegirl!

First post! Welcome!
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/