You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Yuerba Buena ice rink in San Francisco, CA  (Read 3626 times)

Offline axelwylie

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 131
  • Passed Adult Gold Freestyle - Jan 2014
Yuerba Buena ice rink in San Francisco, CA
« on: May 28, 2016, 08:04:03 AM »
Just got back from a business trip to San Francisco and skated at Yuerba Buena. Unless you are a frequent skater and have one of the membership cards, you need to call ahead and reserve a freestyle session (by the half hour: I believe it is $7.50 per 30 minutes). Music is uploaded onto their online software and you need a special key card to play it on the overhead system. Reservations can be made 2 weeks in advance, and they only allow 24 skaters per session.

Ice is soft and the building is on the warm side. There are huge Windows that let you look into the adjacent park. It is a beautiful rink and adult-friendly.

Brian Boitano apparently skates there but doesn't show up until around 9:30am on weekdays. I skated the 6am freestyle sessions so did not see him.
Join my Skating Fridays blog posts at www.eva-bakes.com

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: Yuerba Buena ice rink in San Francisco, CA
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »
Just found out that my conference in January will be two blocks from Yerba Buena.  Last time I skated there (same conference, 5 years ago) I muddled along in rental skates.  Definitely bringing my skates this time!