You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Anyone used Victoria's Challenge pants?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline tammyk

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
Anyone used Victoria's Challenge pants?
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
Hi. This is my first post.  :)

Has anyone tried pants from Victoria's Challenge? I found the store on eBay and I am considering getting a pair for my 5 year old. She gets cold easily.  She is growing out of the only pants she will wear which are C9 from Target for $9. I bought her Reebok cold weather running tights but she's cold in them. I can't find her size in Under Armour and I'm trying not spend Chloe Noel prices. She doesn't care what they look like and just wants to be warm in one layer.

Thanks!

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
Re: Anyone used Victoria's Challenge pants?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
I bought some from Amazon but they didn't fit me so I returned them. They seemed to be well made, although I can't say how durable they are. The company were very helpful with the return process.
They have three or four different fabrics which range from thick fleecy lined to fairly thin and they sent me samples of each one - I'd suggest reading the descriptions and ensuring you get the ones you want.

Offline Alibee

• Designated Spinner
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 07:04:31 PM »
My daughter & I both have pants from Victoria's Challenge via Ebay. I got the "Cozysoft"  pants and they keep us both warm; I got them in August, I think, and so far they've held up well.

Offline twinskaters

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 9
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:52:59 PM »
I've been wondering about these, too. Glad you asked!

Offline pamiam

• Wearing Rental Skates
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 02:25:09 AM »
I ordered a pair recently. The fit was great from my waist down to my knee and I loved the fabric, but the lower leg and cuff were way too wide to stay put over the heel of my boots, and it wouldn't have been safe to wear them on the ice for fear of catching a blade. I emailed to find out if that was how they're supposed to fit, and was told that even the petite length I had was too long for me, so I sent them back.

To be honest I'm not too sure I buy that they were just too long. Chloe Noel pants are way longer than the VC pants, but have a narrower opening at the cuff and stay put just fine. I'm not stick thin by any stretch of the the imagination, but even if I was taller or had longer legs the opening at the cuff was still way wider than my boots. They just needed to be narrower from the knee down and would've been fine.

Again, loved the Cozystretch fabric and the print on the trim as well, they just weren't a good fit for me.

Offline tammyk

• Designated Spinner
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:27:59 AM »
Thanks for all of the info everyone. The wide cuff concerns me.

Offline blue111moon

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 34
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 08:32:54 AM »
I just found Cuddleduds fleece leggings in Walmart (for $9.99) and love them!  They're soft, comfy and warm without being stifling, although I do wear them under a pair of very old UnderArmour running pants.  I don't know if they make them in kids sizes though.  My rinks are known for being very cold and the leggings and crew neck top have cut my layers from four down to two.