You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Silver FS Test Question  (Read 1274 times)

Offline sk8tergirl

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 0
Silver FS Test Question
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »
I noticed there is a camel spin listed on the Adult Silver FS Test. Does anyone know if that can be a back camel (OB edge), or does it have to be the Forward Camel (IB edge)?  ???

Offline Doubletoe

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 139
Re: Silver FS Test Question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »
If it doesn't specify forward camel, then you should be able to do either a back or forward camel spin.  They are defined as the same spin under the IJS code, which is what is generally used to define everything in USFSA now.

Offline techskater

• Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »
I would verify what the judges in your area are looking for, so while it isn't specified, judges MIGHT have you reskate if it's not to their expectations

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 11:00:30 PM »
I talked to my judge friend about this at length regarding the sit spin on bronze - at the time I was having an issue with my left knee and could NOT do a forward sit low enough (it's thankfully not an issue now) but she did say that while it would be unusual to see a back sit at that level, there wasn't anything that specified it wasn't allowed, but she did elude to the fact that it would need to be darn good not to be questioned.  I presume that the same would hold true with a back camel.

Offline sk8tergirl

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
Thanks for the information. :D My coach said she would look into it, but she also noted that the test only said camel spin so she didn't think it would be an issue. I'd rather use the OB camel because, for me, it is a much easier spin. IB camel has always had.....um...issues....  :blush: