You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

On the Ice > Sitting on the Boards Rink Side

Figure Skating -- Quick Q's & A's

<< < (8/16) > >>

sk8Joyful:
I asked: Name the competitions, in which a Recreational skater can participate without Compulsory move requirements?

--- Quote from: drskater on September 22, 2010, 10:11:03 AM ---That would be the new ISI Open categories: Open Bronze, Open Silver, Open Gold, and Open Platinum.

--- End quote ---
I re-read my question, then re-read your answer, next googled it, & then realized :) that what you thought I asked, is not what I meant :)
This lead me to 10 other ISI-sites, incldg. the annual ISI-competition at our rink: helping me think of more questions... anyhoo, Thanks! for your response.

--- Quote from: drskater on September 22, 2010, 10:11:03 AM ---Speaking of ISI, name the total number of skaters who've passed Freestyle 10 (hint: not as many as you may think)

--- End quote ---
I think I read in ISI-magazine: a couple dozen, or so, Skaters have passed the ISI FS-10 test: formidable! with 6 Triples!!!  :o
enough to challenge, some Elite-skaters, right? ;D

question: How is a half-Flip skated?

Isk8NYC:
Half-flip: BI edge, opposite toepick vault, 1/2 rotation in the air, forward landing (toe-to-opposite foot edge.)

--- Quote ---A new compulsory dance (now pattern dance) was released a couple of years ago.  What is the dance, and on whose OD was it based?
--- End quote ---

Midnight Blues is a total SWAG, but ice-dance.com says it was invented by Roy, Sue Bradshaw, Mark Bradshaw, and Julie MacDonald.

What controversy surrounded Katerina Witt's costume in 1988?  (What was the fallout, too?)

aussieskater:
Witt's costume had no skirt.  Led to rule about skirts being required for ladies' costumes - since repealed except for dance.

I googled SWAG but still can't work out what it means?  :-[

(Not the dance I was thinking of?  I'll leave my question up if anyone else wants to have a go.)

Isk8NYC:
The absence of skirt was correct!

SWAG=Serious Wild-A**** Guess. 

I know very little about ice dancing - too bad I got it wrong.  It's still on the table.

--- Quote ---A new compulsory dance (now pattern dance) was released a couple of years ago.  What is the dance, and on whose OD was it based?
--- End quote ---
(Hint: It's not the Midnight Blues.)

icedancer:
I think it is the Finn Step - possibly invented by/inspired by Rahkamo and Kokko (sp) - the Finnish ice-dancers.

What OTHER skater inspired the "ladies must wear a skirt" rule? (IMHO LOL ;D)

Also I think now ice-dancers must wear a skirt (or something like it covering the hips) but singles/pairs can wear pants... or is that backwards? I don't think so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page