You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: The Invisible Seam Theory of Skating  (Read 1513 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
The Invisible Seam Theory of Skating
« on: July 19, 2016, 09:18:13 PM »
My BIL and DH once renovated our circa-1920's kitchen together.  We had a flooring company coming in to lay new vinyl flooring but the old stuff had to come off first and the floor needed repair.  The linoleum had been glued down but my BIL insisted that it would come up in big pieces if we could just find "the universal seam."  Needless to say, we never found said seam and it took a day-and-a-half to prep the floor.

For me, my Universal Skating Seam is checking that darn free leg on jumps - if I could keep it checked, I'm sure I'd be landing jumps with ease.  (The torn meniscus, damaged cartilage, ankle tendonitis and extra weight don't seem to enter the equation, lol.)

What's yours?
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: The Invisible Seam Theory of Skating
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »
Right now, it's getting my weight over onto my right side.  All sorts of things would come together if I could make that happen.  (Even standing, I put my weight on my left, so it's a fundamental thing I need to change.)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: The Invisible Seam Theory of Skating
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »
Right now, it's getting my weight over onto my right side.  All sorts of things would come together if I could make that happen.  (Even standing, I put my weight on my left, so it's a fundamental thing I need to change.)

Getting weight over left side.

Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/