You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Anyone heard of Cale Carvell? Great blade prices!  (Read 3305 times)

Offline TropicalSk8ter

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 3
  • live, breathe, eat figure skating
Anyone heard of Cale Carvell? Great blade prices!
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »
Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while. Hope everyone is doing good! So I ended up taking a rather large hiatus off of figure skating and now the current edea boots that I have aren't fitting well at all anymore even after multiple heat molding. I'm assuming it's just because the natural stance on edeas is to have majority of the weight towards the front of the boots; so they were killing my toes! Switched back to my old premieres and toe pain is gone.  Going to have to wait to save up for a new pair. Anyways so I ended up having to order new blades as well because of edeas weird smaller size blade issue. And upon my frugal search attempt to find discounted blade   I found Cale Carvell! I found him on eBay (which I know is one of the worst places to search for with all the scams going on) and he orignally sold me a new pair of riedell boots for a great price. However I don't believe he sells boots permanently, he does sell blades permanently and at great prices. I just bought a pair of eclipse auroras for $169. He sells almost every brand except for paramount I think. I had bought previous blades for the riedell boots too; the eclipse infinity. Although I don't remember how much they were he did give me a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Backtotheice

• Beware the Bars of Death!
  • Total GOE: 22
Re: Anyone heard of Cale Carvell? Great blade prices!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 01:53:52 PM »
do you have a link or a store name?

Offline TropicalSk8ter

• Defrosting Da Toes
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:09:49 PM »
do you have a link or a store name?
I honestly don't know if he has a physical store, definitely doesn't have a website that's for sure.  I connect with him via email.  You ask for a quote on the blade your interested and he lets you know his price. I'll post his email address shortly, I'm looking for it. 

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Offline TropicalSk8ter

• Defrosting Da Toes
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »
His email is Caleskater2@aol.com, let him know David sent you.

He also charges a $10 shipping fee.  All is done through PayPal.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Offline Hwmsr

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 10:41:23 AM »
I am looking for a pair of intermediate blades. Definitely going to check on his blade stock. Thank you for the posting!

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 11:57:38 PM »
Tell us what you think of the blades!

Cale was a former competitive hockey player and competitive speedskater, who runs Team Rainbo. This picture shows him on inlines:

http://www.teamrainbo.com/people/cale-carvell/

Based on that site, he doesn't run a pro shop any more. Maybe he is getting rid of old stock... Or maybe he just transitioned to selling through eBay.

Offline tothepointe

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »
Yes, I've bought from him before. I picked up my current Riedell Flairs for 50% off. They were the older discontinued version of the flairs not that it really matters to me. But that's why they were cheaper.

Offline TropicalSk8ter

• Defrosting Da Toes
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »
Tell us what you think of the blades!

Cale was a former competitive hockey player and competitive speedskater, who runs Team Rainbo. This picture shows him on inlines:

http://www.teamrainbo.com/people/cale-carvell/

Based on that site, he doesn't run a pro shop any more. Maybe he is getting rid of old stock... Or maybe he just transitioned to selling through eBay.
Query sorry for late response I haven't been on in a while. But just wanted to let you know that the Auroras are great! They can hold a sharpening forever! I skate on them about twice a week and on hard public/hockey ice. I've only sharpened them once. It's about to be about 5 months and just now I'm really feeling the blade sliding of the edge. It can't compare to coronation ace.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Offline Sibelius

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »
I'll add my recent experience.  I was looking to get my little skater onto an intermediate blade sooner rather than later and I searched ebay and found he had the Eclipse Mist's at a bargain of $89 in 8 1/4, 8 1/2, and 8 3/4 sizes.  The Mist was closed out and replaced by the Aurora.  Same specs except for the Aurora is now in stainless steel.  I think it was Riedell's mistake trying to market the same blade as the Wilson Coro Ace and MK Pro at the same price.  The new stainless steel blade at least gives them something to sell against. So, the Mist's retailed at the same price, about $230 as the Ace, Pro and new Aurora.  Dan at Riedell said they were a bargain at what I paid.  I bought all 3 sizes, so she's set through size 4 Jacksons.

I can't buy boots online since my fitter refuses to work on them, but she was happy to mount the blades and they seem just about perfect for her.  So, I would definitely check ebay and Cale out in the future for blades at least.