You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

On the Ice > Sitting on the Boards Rink Side

AgnesNitt is BACK!!

<< < (4/4)

AgnesNitt:
http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/2024/01/my-sharpener-sends-me-message.html

AlbaNY:

--- Quote from: AgnesNitt on January 27, 2024, 04:20:11 PM ---Then I and the other adult 4/5/6 skater, join the Basic Skill 4 kids class where the score is now: 5 adults , and 8,000,001 little kids. Okay, 10-12 kids. Little short kids. all looking up to me scaring the (blocked) out me . They're fast, beneath my eyeline, and have the attention span of small kids and there's now 17 people in hockey cirlce. This is all the fear I feel in my life-some little kid is going to slam into me and I'm going to crush him.
And I can tell you  who that kid is: a fearless 8 year old boy who takes magnificent falls and gets up, and moves forward without looking for other people. Did I say he was fearless. Great hockey player someday. Right now, he's a missile with my name in his sights. Fortunately, he's wearing a bright color and when he's headed my way, I can dodge. His mother's in the class too, and I tell her I'm terrified of little kids, she has 2 kids on the ice and just laughs at me. Bless her.

The coach is a sweetheart. I'm still the strongest adult skater, and my edges an body position are a glory to behold, so  I guess they'll let me come back next week.

Remember the unmentioned coach of Adult Beginner? No? The one who kicks the adults out once they can stop? On the last day of class, I feel mean enough to join his class and just do alternating t-stops just to show him what a REAL STOP is!

--- End quote ---

You have me giggling so much.  I love your writing style!
So glad you are back, and I can’t wait to read more.

One time in LTS I was in a pack of 4 & 5 year olds after their lesson for my advanced class warm up half hour.  I was doing something and some tiny boy was suddenly in my path.  He had the fear of death in his eyes, I was sure I’d crush him.  Thankfully I did the opposite of limbo over him before my fall.  I was sure an angry parent would be after me, but I was lucky. 
That kid saw his life pass before his eyes. 

AgnesNitt:
A kid skated into me so hard, that I couldn't stop the fall. The only way I could keep from crushing him, was to grab his arm and push him to ice so I could fall--but not on him.

The skating director smiled at me "Good, he needs to learn not to skate into adults"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page