You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Chloe Noel Dresses  (Read 1617 times)

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
Chloe Noel Dresses
« on: July 24, 2011, 12:39:07 AM »
Our skate shop had a slew of them in stick marked down to 59-89 dollars.  Dd needs a new test dress so I thought she would try them on.  The pants and jackets fit so nicely for all shapes of skaters we thought it was easy.  She tried on her current size and hard a hard time getting the dress over her tush.  Then the top part was huge - very wide.  Also the dress has the sheer netting at the top but the cut off for the chest was REALLY low.  Just not proportionate at all.  I had her try a size up and the tush part was about the same - all the larger size did was make the chest/shoulders even wider and the sleeves longer.  If you see their dresses and like them (they are very likable!), make sure you try them on.  Dd had no problems in Jerry's and Mondor so it seems like a CN issue.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: Chloe Noel Dresses
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 06:38:50 AM »
I actually hunt Chloe dresses for my youngest; they are one of the few dresses that fit her well, and the material and workmanship is excellent. She is very small-boned, and the dresses fit her like they are made for her, while Jerry's dresses fit neither of my two girls - two wide in the body, too short in the skirt (we get this bat wing effect on the top on anything that has sleeves). Same thing with Mondor: they hang like sacks on the two girls in general;  if we can get them long enough in the body, they are far too big overall.

She wears the Chloe dress in dark blue with the coloured illusion in the top and the sleeves; we always get compliments on it, and it moves beautifully on the ice, with a very elegant drape on the skirt, and a really nice quality on the material under the lights - it is very rich and and reflects the light beautifully. The quality of the rhinestones is good too - they use actual Swarovskis, and you can see the difference on the ice.

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
Re: Chloe Noel Dresses
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:03:10 PM »
I wonder if it was a bad batch?  The upper body was huge on these!  She trued black, bright blue and a navy.