You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Large Male hoping to find some useful advice  (Read 12025 times)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Large Male hoping to find some useful advice
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
EDIT:: I just wanted to add to that.. Since I've never really interacted with anyone from the forum in person before, if you were able to make it out, I'd genuinely appreciate it.  Essentially everything I learned is from here in a sense.. From my lacing to how to basically skate . Itd be nice to see someone who can do things that I can only dream of at this point. Me and my girlfriend will be there so no matter what skill level you are at, you will impress her. Hell, at this point just seeing something from Basic 7 will be crazy in person ;-)

Maybe we need a skating forums gang sign on our jacket so we can recognize each other at the rink!  :D
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline kck

• Mohawk of Doom
  • Total GOE: 19
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »
Let's all get tattoos that look like a 5 year old did them, stating very crudly "ICE SKATING ROOLZ"

Quote from: Google Translator
Somehow I doubt that a competitor not only lamented that did not skate her best, because the ice cake.

Offline techskater

• Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2011, 01:05:47 PM »
KCK. Here's an article from a writer for Men's Health who took up skating in his forties. He's passed Silver I've heard. But he may be Gold by now.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/train-new-sport
I don't think he's Gold yet - just started landing Axels (friends with his coach who posted that journey on FB)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2011, 05:16:14 PM »
I don't think he's Gold yet - just started landing Axels (friends with his coach who posted that journey on FB)

Jazzpants was always a fan of his. She met him at Adult Nationals. I think he mad Adult Silver in a year or a year and a half. Anyway, it was astoundingly fast. I wish he'd do another article for Men's Health now that he's advanced.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/