You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: What color are original soles for Jackson skates?  (Read 5762 times)

Offline ubmuaer

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 16
What color are original soles for Jackson skates?
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »
What color are original soles for Jackson skates?  I got a used pair of ice skates and the soles are burgundy red color, with no Jackson name on the soles.  I'm just wondering if they were replacement soles or originals.

Also, does anyone know how the Jackson Elite soles are different? I can't find it on google. Thanks.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: What color are original soles for Jackson skates?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:54:39 PM »
You mean the insoles? They were always a burgundy red colour. We had a pair of Elites once, they had the same thing. 

Offline icefrog

• Flippin' Flutzstrated
  • Total GOE: 8
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:15:37 PM »
Like the bottoms? I have a pair of Jacksons from 2004(?) and there is no heel logo. The leather is also darker, but this is from age and snow seal I guess, they are not glossy. I have another pair from 2010 and the heels have cork so they are a lighter color. They are just lighter in general.

If you are talking about the insoles my older Jacksons have burgundy insoles with Jackson written in cursive. My newer one's have blue insoles and I think they say something about the "elite footbed system"

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
Do you mean the outside or the inside? Freestyle and lower have the plain burgundy insoles, higher level boots have the blue elite insoles.  Both my Premieres and Elite plus have the LCL heels.

My daughter's freestyles are several years old (at least) and do not have the jackson logo on the heel of the boot, nor any printing on the tongues (not sure if it has worn off or was never there).

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:13:12 AM »
Do you mean the outside or the inside? Freestyle and lower have the plain burgundy insoles, higher level boots have the blue elite insoles.  Both my Premieres and Elite plus have the LCL heels.

My daughter's freestyles are several years old (at least) and do not have the jackson logo on the heel of the boot, nor any printing on the tongues (not sure if it has worn off or was never there).

The logo on the tongue and the heel plate are (relatively) new.  Jacksons used to be classily anonymous, just the stitching/shape of the backstrap was considered to be their identifying mark ...

Our Elites had the burgundy insoles too, interestingly - but we're looking at at least 7 years ago - and they were child size guys ones.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
The Freestyle insoles were burgundy red up until 2-3 years ago, then they switched to a gray/blue color.  My Competitors have gray/blue insoles.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:53:28 AM »
The logo on the tongue and the heel plate are (relatively) new.  Jacksons used to be classily anonymous, just the stitching/shape of the backstrap was considered to be their identifying mark ...

Our Elites had the burgundy insoles too, interestingly - but we're looking at at least 7 years ago - and they were child size guys ones.

I don't like the name of the boot on the tongue and the Jackson logo on the heel.  Both are tacky to me.  I especially dislike the tongue- who cares if I have Premiers, or Freestles or what not.  That doesn't need to be written on the boot (though I suppose it will make second market sales more honest...)

My old competitors had burgundy insoles, my new Premier's have the blue ones.

Offline aussieskater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 52
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »
I agree with skittl, I really don't like  the style name being stamped on the tongue.  If they want to keep vendors honest (especially at the lower end of the range, when the boots look the same but for the name on the tongue), then they could mould the style name into the plastic sole, or stamp it on the inside of the boot itself near where they stamp the size.

I'm not sure if all the Jacksons have the stamp on the tongue though?  I know my Jackson Synchro boots aren't stamped, but I don't know whether it's because that style doesn't have it or because my boots weren't stock.  The badge on the heel is easy to remove though.

I can't remember for sure, but I think my boots (made 12 months ago) came with blue innersoles.  I've replaced them with my orthotics, so I can't check now!

Offline sarahspins

• Swizzle Royalty
  • CER-C
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
I am pretty sure that the Premiere/Finnese level boot are the highest model that is stamped.

Offline ubmuaer

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 16
Re: What color are original insoles for Jackson skates?
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »
Sorry everyone, I meant the insoles.  I got my used pair of freestyles and they were a plain burgundy.  I wanted to ask because when I saw a new pair of Freestyles at the store, they had the "elite footbed" or something printed on the insoles.  The burgundy insole is extremely thin.  Is the elite footbed thicker?  I'm going to try putting in an old pair of sneaker insoles in the skates and see if it's more cushiony.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »
You might want to try the yellow Superfeet insoles. I've had good luck with them. The stuff you buy in the drugstore won't last 6 months.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 09:22:44 AM »
You might want to try the yellow Superfeet insoles. I've had good luck with them. The stuff you buy in the drugstore won't last 6 months.
The Superfeet Yellow arch support isn't high enough for my foot, nor was the Jackson insole.  Tidewater Ice sells them for $30 plus shipping, which isn't a bad price.

http://www.tidewaterice.com/skaters-gel-pads.htm

If you sign up for their email list, you get a 10% off coupon. (Lower left corner of link, above.)

The burgundy insole is extremely thin.  Is the elite footbed thicker?  I'm going to try putting in an old pair of sneaker insoles in the skates and see if it's more cushiony.

The burgundy and the gray insoles are both thin, pretty much the same thickness.  You can order replacement Jackson insoles through a pro shop but they're going to be the same thing.  Do you have room for a cushioned insole?  It might make the skate too tight.  The Superfeet Yellow insole is more sturdy, but it's also not cushioned.

Jackson has been trying to save money by using the same products (insoles, laces, etc.) in all their models.  They've crossed the silly line, though: my Competitors came with a pair of laces that were literally two times too long.  It's ridiculous and penny-pinching considering what we pay for these boots.  They should come with the proper-length laces.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline sarahspins

• Swizzle Royalty
  • CER-C
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
Superfeet and stock jackson insoles aren't high enough for my arches either.. I use stick-on arch supports on top of the jackson insoles (and I have post wedges under both heels) which work pretty well.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
Jackson has been trying to save money by using the same products (insoles, laces, etc.) in all their models.  They've crossed the silly line, though: my Competitors came with a pair of laces that were literally two times too long.  It's ridiculous and penny-pinching considering what we pay for these boots.  They should come with the proper-length laces.

On the other side of the silly spectrum, Jackson is shipping GAM skates (now owned by Jackson) with laces that are too short for this new lacing pattern they are putting on the GAM skates ... perhaps they swapped the lace supply in the factory  :D :D

Offline sarahspins

• Swizzle Royalty
  • CER-C
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 09:19:40 PM »
Funny thing, when I first got my Elite Plus I thought the laces were a touch short and it was a stretch to get them around the 3rd hook to tie, but as they've broken in I now have to loop the laces over the top hooks twice before I tie them.