You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Jackson Glacier vs. Jackson SoftSkates  (Read 1405 times)

Offline ubmuaer

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 16
Jackson Glacier vs. Jackson SoftSkates
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
I am a purely recreational skate and I got a new pair of Riedell Bronze Medallions towards the end of last winter, so I didn't get a chance to break them in well.  I went skating twice this season and the ice skates are still killing my arches within 15 minutes (I have low arches & I don't even feel like I have wide feet).  I'm not sure if I brought too much boot and it's too stiff for me to break them in w/o being miserable.  I just want to enjoy myself, not be grumpy trying to break it in in pain.

I am possibly pondering getting new truly recreational skates.  I like the look of the white boot, so I am not interested in the Softec boots right now.  There are 2 lower end boots, the Glacier and SoftSkates.  Can anyone tell me what is the difference and which one is recommended for an adult?

Or do you think the Jackson Freestyle might be better for me because they are heat moldable, so maybe I won't even need to break them in?  Thanks a bunch.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Jackson Glacier vs. Jackson SoftSkates
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
There's a slight possibility that' you're tying your laces too tight over your instep. I've had similar foot pain that went away when I changed how I tied my boots.

I posted my personal boot tying solution on my blog if you want to see how I do it. I no longer have foot pain (however, my boots are correctly fitted for width and I use yellow feet inserts)
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/