You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Edea Boots  (Read 3084 times)

Offline momsk8er

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 1
Edea Boots
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:22:14 PM »
Anyone have any experiences they would like to share with Edea boots? My dd is thinking of them, she is looking for boots that don't relax in the heel after a few months. She has been wearing Jackson Elite plus for the last 3 pairs, but has always experienced some heel slippage, which only gets worse as the boots break in. She is in a split width, B toe (she has wide toes) and A heel.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
Re: Edea Boots
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
I skate with an adult skater who has Edea Ice fly.  She said that the heel stays in place very securely.  She has had them for over a year now and according to her, they feel exactly the same as when she bought them.  She is also used to the thin sole and it does not feel un-cushioned.  She skated in Jackson Pro-flex before and definitely feels the Edeas are  better for her. 

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »
The Edea boots have such a distinctive heel.  I may be wrong, but it looks like several of the ladies in the Grand Prix events are wearing some kind of Edeas just based on the heel appearance.  Can't remember which ones now.  Is it true that Edeas don't come in multiple widths?  The web site doesn't give a lot of details.  I don't understand how that could work.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »
We have quite a few skaters who wear the Ice Fly.  They all say they are super comfortable, a few think they are too hard to get tight enough, and relace a lot.  The novice level skater who wears they says they break down FAST and she wears 2 pairs a year.  The lower level skaters (pre-pre through pre-juv) say they last forever.  [I personally think these skaters are overbooted- as this is Edea's top model, worn by elite skaters, but they got them through a scholarship program, so as long as their ankles aren't breaking...it isn't like they spent the money for such a high level boot they don't need. For awhile I thought Edea only sold one model of boot, because that was the only one I've ever seen.]

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 17
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
Both my skaters wear Ice Flys. They come in standard width, but are moldable . You can use a heat gun or a blowdryer to mold them to any width.As long as you dont leave them in a hot hot car they will stay that way.My kids havent broken them down, but my son is getting his second pair after 6 months due to size.
The Swedish sisters have them, as well as Suzuiki, and 2 of the 3 girls in our region going to Jr nats use them.The hardest thing was getting used to the the Bottom.My DD  likes them alot, my DS took longer to get used to.We ordered the undersoles this time, I heard them make them more confortable.

Offline Sk8Dreams

• CER-B
  • Quintuple Salflutzchow
  • Total GOE: 70
  • On Edge
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 01:00:51 AM »
I have them, and the hard soles were killing me.  Once I put my old Klingbeil super padded insoles in, I had no more pain.  I have very little natural padding on the balls of my feet, which I only found out about by accident recently. It probably explains why I could never wear heels.
My glass is half full :)

Offline techskater

• Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 07:38:50 PM »
Several skaters at our rink are in them, including the Gold twins (Gracie just put up a HUGE score a Mids to move on to Nationals in Junior Ladies) and Lexi Verhulst (5th, Junior Ladies, Mids).  They love them and were able to do everything right away.