You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Kaleidoscope Skating Special  (Read 2375 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Kaleidoscope Skating Special
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »
I thought I had posted this, but I don't see it anywhere.

The DVR recorded a TV broadcast of "Kaleidoscope" but the program title was "Rock & Rock Figure Skating Championships."  Strange.  It was a cancer support/fundraising show filmed in Texas around Christmas time.

It was a good show - Kimmie Meissner and Sasha Cohen were great and while I didn't particularly like Johnny Weir's music and choreography, his skating is always something to enjoy.  Paul Wylie looked a little stiff, but after seeing him skate a practice, it's amazing how he presents a program.  , Kurt Browning was awesome as a presenter and a skater.  I particularly liked his "I'm Yours" program, mainly because I like that song and the skater, but the G-rated striptease/Burma Shave-style signage was even more fun.  The audience *loved* it from their reaction.

I have to say that Joannie Rochette has never looked better to me as a skater.  If this is what she presents when she's not competing, it's no wonder she's so beloved around the world.  Fantastic!

I wish Scott Hamilton and Dorothy Hamilton had been able to skate, but hosting was a big job, too.

David Archuleta, Gloria Gaynor and a a sax player (whose name escapes me right now) were the musical performers. Camera work was just okay; too many long shots where you couldn't see either the skater or the musician.  *shrugs* 

I was impressed by the fact that Archuletta came out wearing skates at the end and could hold his own!  There's another candidate for Skating With The Stars!
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline kssk8fan

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 12
Re: Kaleidoscope Skating Special
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »
Joannie Rochette is one of the last true Senior Ladies, if you know what I mean.  She's always been one of my favs since she skated to Madonna's Like a Prayer.  I've seen her live only once (before this latest Olympics) and she was breathtaking.  I imagine she's even better now.

Offline elliegouda

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
Re: Kaleidoscope Skating Special
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »
wow! I wish I was you. I'm her biggest fan. She's just awesome, the way she performed while she was shattered in the inside. She's a professional. http://www.olympic.org/figure-skating