You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: My Skating Stash  (Read 2051 times)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
My Skating Stash
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:34:57 PM »
I don't know how I ended up with more than a dozen pairs of gloves. they were on sale at the $1 store and in pretty colors, I guess, and every year I buy a couple of pair, then Boom! I've got a duffel bag full. I just remember the 6 months in the spring and summer when I had to skate in one orange and one black glove because none were on sale.

AND AS GOD IS MY WITNESS I will never skate in mismatched gloves again!

Man, I didn't realize I had extra bunga pads, and gel tubes. A dress for ice dance that I completely forgot about, and a buttload of of mismatched blade guards.

So I ran out to Home Depot and bought $40 worth of plastic see through boxes to get every thing organized. I got one rectangular tub for long stuff like blades and guards, and four of those stackable boxes that you can open from the front.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
Re: My Skating Stash
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:40:26 PM »
I too have an unholy amount of new gloves, which ranged in price from 25 cents to a dollar.

I have yet to figure out why, with such a bounty, I continue to use the same three pair... all of which have holes in them!

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 03:50:21 PM »
Gloves, laces, Dr. Scholl's insoles, blades (well, not in my skate bag but in the closet) and old skates...

Moleskin, bits of cloth, hair ribbons, ankle bandages, bunga pads, corn pads, etc. etc.

It just goes on and on.

But yeah, the gloves... they are EVERYWHERE!

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 05:00:05 PM »
Thank goodness, it's not just me!
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline twinskaters

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 9
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 07:03:11 PM »
I always say you can tell a skater/skating parent because they buy cheap gloves every time they see them, even if it's 80 degrees out.

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 4
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 09:33:17 PM »
My collection consists of a pair of Riedell 120's that are coming apart. A pair of very worn JW Pattern 99's. A pair of hockey boots with MK Silver Test figure blades. A couple of pairs of entry level crap blades. A pair of  new basic MK blades. A pair of Ice Fly's and soon a pair of SP Teri's, just to harvest the Gold Seal blades, for my Ice Fly's and the JSW Dance Samba blades that are coming off of the Ice Fly's. Also a small collection of laces. I am probably forgetting something. Lol