You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Dallas area rinks - Euless Center and McKenney  (Read 4271 times)

Offline axelwylie

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 131
  • Passed Adult Gold Freestyle - Jan 2014
Dallas area rinks - Euless Center and McKenney
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:40:47 PM »
I was in the Dallas area earlier this year and haven't had a chance to post a review until now. I skated at 2 rinks: Euless Center and McKenney.

Euless Center had two rinks, and the main rink was inside a large hockey stadium.  It was a huge arena with real seats. I skated at 6am and was the only one there until around 6:45am. It was a beautiful venue and pretty spectacular with the stadium seating. The rink was on the warmer side and the ice was hard.

McKenney also had two surfaces and the freestyles were separated by skating level. I self selected into the higher level rink and had the ice to myself for at least half an hour. Then some advanced skaters showed up. The rink wasn't too hot or cold and ice was hard.

Dallas sure is lucky with Dr. Pepper sponsoring the Dallas Stars. There were about 8-9 rinks in the area and I only visited 2 of them in my time there.
Join my Skating Fridays blog posts at www.eva-bakes.com

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Dallas area rinks - Euless Center and McKenney
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »
I have cousins living in Frisco (TX) and their rink has evening mid-week publics!
I can remember when that town didn't even have a stop light!
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:13 AM »
Euless is my home rink! It's a bummer that they cut the 6am freestyles for the summer, but they're doing evening publics almost every night, so I just get to sleep in.

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 01:28:47 PM »
It's funny because I'm in Canada where we skate before we walk but it gets a little warm in the summer and we shut down all the rinks :(  There's a few left but hardly any figure skating ice where I am.  Then you go to Dallas where it's hot all the time and they have 8 rinks in the area open in the middle of the super hot summer lol.. maybe it's because it's ALWAYS hot so the rinks are just designed for it to begin with??  Maybe I should move to Dallas!