You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: I met Paul Wylie today!  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Adultsk8r509

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 34
    • Adult Figure Skating Over 50
I met Paul Wylie today!
« on: May 18, 2012, 03:48:37 AM »
Great guy!  He came to our rink for a group of special needs skaters.   He talked, then went on the ice with them and gave them individual and group tips on skating.  I didn't stay for the entire time, but while I was there I watched him skate around helping everyone and then do a nice juicy Axel demonstration.  While he was lacing up in the lobby I had a chance to meet him and chat with him one to one.  I put a few photos and a short video clip on my blog www.waltzjump.com  of his Axel.   Great guy ... I'm so glad I skated today and was at the rink to meet him.

Happy Landings
www.waltzjump.com

Offline Landing~Lutzes

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 10
Re: I met Paul Wylie today!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »
NO WAY! Another LCFSC skater here?! I'm an Eagles girl too! I wated to go to the seminar but I haven't passed prepre yet :(
What a small world..never thought I'd see someone from little Spokane here! Awesome!

Offline Landing~Lutzes

• Zamboni Driver
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »
In fact, after watching you most recent video on your blog, I realized that I have met you before LOL! In your video, I was the one working endlessly on my camel spin. We have talked before not too long ago at a public session on rink two. I always enjoy watching you skate and frankly you are quite the inspiration to me!

Offline Adultsk8r509

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 34
    • Adult Figure Skating Over 50
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:50:33 AM »
In fact, after watching you most recent video on your blog, I realized that I have met you before LOL! In your video, I was the one working endlessly on my camel spin. We have talked before not too long ago at a public session on rink two. I always enjoy watching you skate and frankly you are quite the inspiration to me!
What a hoot.... I'm Diane by the way... I know I will bonk myself in the forehead when you tell me your name again.  (I am really terrible about names)  Your camel is looking fabulous ..... I can't test Bronze until I get the darn backspin down.
Happy Landings
www.waltzjump.com

Offline Landing~Lutzes

• Zamboni Driver
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
My name is Emily :) I feel your pain when it comes to the backspin, I'm working on it too and it never really works lol. You'll get it though, you have all the technique! I've watched all your videos, I admire how beautiful you make basic technique look. Bravo!