You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Zuca bags?  (Read 50268 times)

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
Re: Zuca bags?
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
I'm going to look into the Grit bag, as it seems to be designed to actually have stuff go in a certain place a little better.
I don't really like the "carpet"-  I think one of Zuca's design changes was that it used to have the door fall open, but they changed it so that it would open sideways.     It also doesn't look big enough to sit on, but someone said you could...will have to check it out further.

Doesn't seem like you can sit on it at all! I took a look at the user guide for the Grit skate bag (found it from their website) and the first of the important notices says "Do not lean or put weight on top of the Skate Tower".

I do like the wheel design of the Zuca, it does makes it easy climbing stairs & curbs.

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »
The first time I saw a Zuca, I thought, "Well, they're kinda cutesy. But if they had a non-cutesy type, maybe I'll get one. Let's have a look online. Click, click - HOW MUCH? NOT ON THIS EARTH!"

When my dad came to my first test session, he saw all these Zucas with the light-up wheels and went, "Hey, they're awesome, you should get one!" I turned around and said, "Does that mean you'll pay the $150+ for me?" Dad:  :o :o :o :o

I used to use a gym bag, until the weight of everything I was packing in it started ripping apart the seam where the shoulder strap attached. After that I bought myself a plain black small wheelie suitcase from Big W for $19. It works absolutely perfectly and has the added bonus of being easily converted to hand luggage. (Although it has lost a foot. My fault - I think it was at Melbourne Airport when my plane was boarding and I was at the wrong end of the terminal. Oops.)

To be quite honest (and this is just my opinion), I think Zuca bags are a complete and utter waste of money, along with Chloe Noel and flashing skate guards and all the "branded" practice gear. There are much cheaper alternatives that work just as well - the $19 wheelie suitcase, the plain skate guards, the $20 lycra pants from Target etc. The money spent on all these things could be much better spent.

None of these things will make you a better skater. Only practice and lessons will make you a better skater. I see all these kids at the rink, with their flashy Zucas and wearing the latest "branded" skate fashions and I look at some of them and go, "But you SUCK." The money wasted on those items could be much better invested in lessons and ice time.

JMO.
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!

Offline skatingpasty

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 4
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »
The first time I saw a Zuca, I thought, "Well, they're kinda cutesy. But if they had a non-cutesy type, maybe I'll get one. Let's have a look online. Click, click - HOW MUCH? NOT ON THIS EARTH!"

When my dad came to my first test session, he saw all these Zucas with the light-up wheels and went, "Hey, they're awesome, you should get one!" I turned around and said, "Does that mean you'll pay the $150+ for me?" Dad:  :o :o :o :o

I used to use a gym bag, until the weight of everything I was packing in it started ripping apart the seam where the shoulder strap attached. After that I bought myself a plain black small wheelie suitcase from Big W for $19. It works absolutely perfectly and has the added bonus of being easily converted to hand luggage. (Although it has lost a foot. My fault - I think it was at Melbourne Airport when my plane was boarding and I was at the wrong end of the terminal. Oops.)

To be quite honest (and this is just my opinion), I think Zuca bags are a complete and utter waste of money, along with Chloe Noel and flashing skate guards and all the "branded" practice gear. There are much cheaper alternatives that work just as well - the $19 wheelie suitcase, the plain skate guards, the $20 lycra pants from Target etc. The money spent on all these things could be much better spent.

None of these things will make you a better skater. Only practice and lessons will make you a better skater. I see all these kids at the rink, with their flashy Zucas and wearing the latest "branded" skate fashions and I look at some of them and go, "But you SUCK." The money wasted on those items could be much better invested in lessons and ice time.

JMO.

Even though I have a zuca bag myself, i completely agree.
I only got one because a) my old skate bag thing was starting to wear and there wasn't enough room in it to take all the things to the rink  and b) i had spare money saved up with nothing to spend on (i had all my lessons and practise time costs covered :))
Plus since I travel 1 1/2 hours to the rink by public transport, I needed something that would stand up to all the bashing about and being hurled up stairs :P

I couldn't agree more about the little kids and zuca bags, I'm nearlly 16 and there are a few teenagers (and some adults) with them but they JUST have the zuca bag, they don't have all the other fancy branded clothing or flashing guards - what is the point in flashing guards? Complete waste of money, what's wrong with non-flashing guards, they're cooler ;)
Yeah you instantly think that since they have all the "gear" they're great skaters, when most of them can barely land a decent waltz jump :P

Yeah they are a bit cutesy but you can get some plain ones that aren't as cutesy haha
I have the black frame with the 'pigs can fly' insert (its blue with clouds and a pig on) it is quite cute, when I first got it my dad was like "do you not think it's a bit childish for your age?"
It is a bit, but I like it - however I do get strange looks from people on the bus on the way to the rink - probably jealous of my cool bag haha :D

And the price for zucas are ridiculously, but I suppose you're paying for the brand name as well as the whole bag inself - just moneymaking for the company :P
Working on...
Ⓢⓟⓘⓝⓢ: flying camel, back camel, back sit, layback, change camel/sit, combination spins
Ⓙⓤⓜⓟⓢ: axel preparation
ⓕⓘⓔⓛⓓ ⓜⓞⓥⓔⓢ: Level 1,2 and 3

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
Where we skate, there are a lot of people with lots of money.  If they want flashing guards or all the bells and whistles, it doesn't bother me.  We know people who spend about 1500 a month on skating, their kids are amazing skaters - they have the top coaches, equipment and time.

I shop the pro-shop and everything dd has asked for in clothing eventually goes on the half price clearance rack.  We just wait.  Her "name brand" skating clothing has lasted 3 years, I just bought new pants because the seams are frayed and they are now faded.  Not bad for pants that are worn and washed days a week for 3 years!  They stay dry so she goes straight from ice to dance and doesn't need to change.  She has worn regular leggings in a pinch but they absorb water like a sponge.  To cover that expense, I cut expenses elsewhere or go without new things for myself. 

Little girls especially want to fit in - and that can mean wanting the cute jacket and pants.  Some kids get rewards for passing tests that include things on their skate "wish list".  My dd put a Kiss & Cry bag on her Christmas list (we are very frugal with holiday gifting).  I'd hate for someone to look at her in her clothing with her non essential Zuca bag (her one present for her birthday) and think "But you SUCK!"  She works really hard at skating.  She might not be on the Olympic track, I always tell her she is only skating against herself and not to worry about what others are doing (or wearing or thinking).

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
Zuca bags - don't see the point of. Nor do I see the point of people having eight practice dresses, skate covers that make animal noises, or little stuffed animals with pretend skates hanging off of their skate bags - but, you know, they make the people who own them happy, and that's okay.  Same way I don't see the point of iPhones that are bought so you can play games; cars with heated seats and onboard computers who talk to you; laptops that let you switch the covers to reflect your "changing mood" etc etc etc. There are lots of frivolities in the world - and as somebody who would rather buy one really nice handmade chocolate vs a dozen commercial chocolate bars ... we all have our own thoughtprocesses.

However, not all of the "branded" skating stuff is a waste of money or a poor budgetary choice. As an example ... we tried to buy less expensive skating pants from WalMart or such than Chloe's, or LuLuLemon, or UnderArmour - and found out we were wasting money - as the Chloe etc, lasted forever.  We are on year 4 of one pair of LuLu pants and year 6 of a jacket ... and they still look like new - skating year round, 6 times a week, and amateur coaching too (which involves sitting on the ice with small children :). Sometimes, you get what you pay for.    Having hung around ice arenas for too many hours and years ... I don't look at the stuff people bring into the change room, or what they wear: I look at their skates and how well they use them; you can tell a lot more from that.

As for the flashing guards ... you know something really nice about them, once they stop - flashing - ? They're sturdier, more ridged, and wider bottomed than regular guards, and are easier for small girls to get on and off their skates, and easier to walk on. Some of the stuff makes sense in weird ways.

Offline Sierra

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 97
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Chloenoel are actually worth the price. I have a pair and they've got a few holes on the heel, but otherwise in great shape. I have a pair of nice Karisma pants as well and they never hold any water. I used to skate in cheapo leggings and they ripped and holed like no tomorrow.

Now the cute little shirts and jackets? No. A little girl that I know came back from a recent competition with two new Karisma outfits- matching pants, shirt AND jacket. That's a couple hundred bucks right there. No skater needs more than two jackets, and no skater needs a special skating shirt. I wear athletic tops or tank tops from places like Target.

I don't think I could ever fit my stuff in a Zuca. And it would be a pain to lift it (dirty wheels and all) into my mother's pickup truck. I have a Transpack, but I want one of those hard-cover rolling suitcases I see a ton of skaters at my rink with.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:46 PM »
People with a practical perspective look at simple, inexpensive solutions to problems as Elegant and Cool

People who worship fashion look at the same solutions as Cheap and Uncool.

The opposite applies to complex, expensive solutions.

No objective argument will bring the two perspectives together.

May your choices bring you the greatest happiness.

Have you considered adding a motor? A self propelled Zuca can carry all the gadgets your heart desires.

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 11:41:34 PM »
Have you considered adding a motor? A self propelled Zuca can carry all the gadgets your heart desires.

OOH what a great idea!

Wait, what about a motor on my blades as well so I can relax & still skate  :D

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
I don't think I could ever fit my stuff in a Zuca. And it would be a pain to lift it (dirty wheels and all) into my mother's pickup truck. I have a Transpack, but I want one of those hard-cover rolling suitcases I see a ton of skaters at my rink with.

It seems the new trend around here is Tumi's... which are serious $$$ compared to Zucas.  I actually do think after a point the bags become more of a status symbol than a functional item... as an adult, personally I don't mind spending a little extra money on a bag that suits my needs (keep in mind I am referring to the $120 spent on my zuca over spending $40 on a backpack - and I love my Zuca so much I actually have two of them and won't travel without one), but no one really needs a $450 bag for their skates and as a parent I actually have to question the reasoning behind why so many kids seem to have them now...

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 10:38:06 AM »
I'd hate for someone to look at her in her clothing with her non essential Zuca bag (her one present for her birthday) and think "But you SUCK!"  She works really hard at skating.  She might not be on the Olympic track, I always tell her she is only skating against herself and not to worry about what others are doing (or wearing or thinking).

It's usually obvious when a skater works hard on their skating. When I made the comment about looking at the designer-decked kids and thinking "but you SUCK!", I had in mind several girls at my rink who are always absolutely dripping in the very latest branded skate stuff. They never practice, they goof off during lessons, and seem to find it fun to terrorize every other skater on the rink. And yet their parents are forking over so much money...

I don't mind parents getting big stuff for their kids for birthday or Christmas - I know one mum at the rink who did just that - she bought her daughter a Chloe Noel jacket and pants for Christmas. It was her only Christmas present - the daughter didn't care!  :D If your daughter is working hard, more power to her. But again, that's usually obvious, and not a person I would direct the "But you SUCK!" thought at.
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!

Offline skatingpasty

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »
It seems the new trend around here is Tumi's... which are serious $$$ compared to Zucas.  I actually do think after a point the bags become more of a status symbol than a functional item... as an adult, personally I don't mind spending a little extra money on a bag that suits my needs (keep in mind I am referring to the $120 spent on my zuca over spending $40 on a backpack - and I love my Zuca so much I actually have two of them and won't travel without one), but no one really needs a $450 bag for their skates and as a parent I actually have to question the reasoning behind why so many kids seem to have them now...

Never heard of the tumi's before but just had a look....that's ridiculously expensive for something that looks no different than a regular suitcase...i can understand zucas being expensive for their unique shape and ability to sit on them, but the tumi's are just like a regular $30 suitcase you'd get from any store (apart from the fancy handles)

I'd hate for someone to look at her in her clothing with her non essential Zuca bag (her one present for her birthday) and think "But you SUCK!"  She works really hard at skating.  She might not be on the Olympic track, I always tell her she is only skating against herself and not to worry about what others are doing (or wearing or thinking).

Like karne said, it's understandable if young girls with the fancy gear do actually work hard and are given what they want as rewards...or christmas/birthday presents. Even if she didn't have all the fancy gear but showed off her greats skills on the ice, that's all that matters. If I was still a little kid I would rather look up to a skater who doesn't necessarily have all the 'cool gear' but showed talent on the ice, as opposed to a skater who has all the 'gear' but spends all their practise time chatting to friends, playing with phones (as some girls do at our rink) and just completely wasting valuable time.

I like some of the chloe noel stuff, I really wanted a jacket, this one:
http://iceventureuk.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=22&products_id=532&osCsid=e398414d3f09370ec497742de9721f3f
but thought it was a bit pricey for a jacket that i'd probably only wear for a little bit of the practise time before I get too hot and it ends up sitting inside my zuca for the rest of my practise.
Even though it is what I WANTED, it was not what I NEEDED, I got a nike running top in the sale, great for skating - it's like a waterproof material that releases sweat but keeps you warm :P

I know it sounds hypocritical complaining about the price of chloe noel, considering I spent a large amount of money on a zuca, changing the subject here a bit, I'm slightly annoyed at my zuca now!
One of the little pockets on the side has completely frayed away, I was wondering where my money in the pocket was disappearing to, there's a massive hole which can't really be sewed up, so I've just cut it off :P
My chance to get a new insert - maybe for xmas i'll get one, as the current one has so much wear and tear and it'll be better to get a plain one to reduce the looks and stares from other passangers on the bus/train to the rink :P

I might get this one:
http://www.zuca.com/store/images/shop/product/09715ed8902f774906cc4a4360e7a8a6.jpg
..and with my red seat cover on top :)
Working on...
Ⓢⓟⓘⓝⓢ: flying camel, back camel, back sit, layback, change camel/sit, combination spins

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2011, 02:34:10 PM »
I think that there are parents who want their kids to always have the best of the best and the coolest things.  They feel it builds their self-confidence and increases the skater's desire to skate.  If you have a cool Chloe Noel outfit, the skater will want to go to the rink. 

Unfortunately, it sometimes turns into a way to compete off-ice - always having the newest, the most stylish, clothing and equipment.  So that skater does want to go to the rink and work out, but mainly because they want to show off their clothing.  It sometimes backfires though and causes gloating, resentment or envy. 

It is good to weigh durability against price.  Inexpensive stretch pants are just as functional as expensive designer pants.  The cheaper pants wear out quicker and need to be replaced more often.  However, with growing skaters, the stretch pants are less expensive overall since the skater might outgrow the more expensive and durable pants two or three times.  If you don't mend or sew, pants with holes can be a de-motivator if the skater is self-conscious.  Skaters and parents have to find the balance that's right for your family.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline skatingpasty

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
I think that there are parents who want their kids to always have the best of the best and the coolest things.  They feel it builds their self-confidence and increases the skater's desire to skate.  If you have a cool Chloe Noel outfit, the skater will want to go to the rink. 

Unfortunately, it sometimes turns into a way to compete off-ice - always having the newest, the most stylish, clothing and equipment.  So that skater does want to go to the rink and work out, but mainly because they want to show off their clothing.  It sometimes backfires though and causes gloating, resentment or envy. 

It is good to weigh durability against price.  Inexpensive stretch pants are just as functional as expensive designer pants.  The cheaper pants wear out quicker and need to be replaced more often.  However, with growing skaters, the stretch pants are less expensive overall since the skater might outgrow the more expensive and durable pants two or three times.  If you don't mend or sew, pants with holes can be a de-motivator if the skater is self-conscious.  Skaters and parents have to find the balance that's right for your family.

I agree it makes you feel better and sort of a real figure skater (well especially for children) if you have all the stuff the other skaters at the rink have.
I just think it gets a bit OTT when kids start getting things like light-up guards, rhinestones for skate laces, coloured skate laces, every single chloe noel accessory to complete the outfit....you get what I mean, yes it builds confidence but is it really necessary?
Working on...

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »
To me, rhinestones for skate laces and colored laces are cheap DIY projects.  I think that's fun, not frivolous.

I've curbed my desire for a new skate bag- I covered my old one in leftover rhinestones. (Don't get "swarvoski substitute" rhinestones from Hong Kong on ebay- they are crap! But they and shipping was cheap, and I found a good use, so in the end I didn't waste my money.  DH did take them to work -he's a chemist- and verified they aren't plastic, but they are still crap. Preciosa is a much better swarvoski substitute, can't tell the difference! Of course, they are still fairly pricy)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2011, 06:31:18 PM »
I'm still using a skate bag that's a man's duffle with pockets, that I bought at a convenience store while I was attending a conference a few years ago. I WANT A NEW BAG! But I've tried to replace it more than once, and I keep coming back to it. I don't care if it is functional, I have an irrational need for a new one. This has reached joke status among my skate buddies. However, it's getting pretty worn, I'll have to replace it someday.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »
Somwhat off-topic: at the PSA Conference in Dallas, they gave us insulated tote bags to hold the handouts and materials.  It's EXCELLENT!  I keep it in the car and use it for food shopping regularly - just tuck the the milk and other refrigerated things inside and they stay cold.  I love practical bags.f
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »
To me, rhinestones for skate laces and colored laces are cheap DIY projects.  I think that's fun, not frivolous.

I second the DIY thing. That's what I did to my laces. I bought black laces from the pro shop ($4) and I'd bought myself a hotfix tool and hotfix stones and added them onto the laces. But dying laces is harder. I tried several different dyes and several different lace brands and none of the laces held color well at all.

I've gotten a ton of comments on my black laces with rhinestones though.

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
I saw a really cool rolling tool bag at the Home Depot tonight.  It had lots of pockets and niches (inside and out) along with a big middle area.  Best feature: the top closed by folding up like an old-fashioned doctor's bag.  It cost $60.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202353445/h_d2/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&keyword=rolling+tool+tote+bag&jspStoreDir=hdus&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&navFlow=3&catalogId=10053&langId=-1&ddkey=Search

I think I like it!
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2011, 12:36:45 AM »
But dying laces is harder. I tried several different dyes and several different lace brands and none of the laces held color well at all.

Try using permanent or fabric markers to change the lace colors. 

I'm going to look into the Grit bag, as it seems to be designed to actually have stuff go in a certain place a little better.

I looked at the Grit bag website and I love the interior shot of the figure skating bag

I never thought about putting a shelf inside a skate bag; that's a great way to deal with the space problem.  You could probably use a locker shelf kit from the office supply store - Back to School sales are starting soon, so you might find a bargain!
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2011, 01:47:42 AM »
but no one really needs a $450 bag for their skates and as a parent I actually have to question the reasoning behind why so many kids seem to have them now...

How much?!!!!
That's gone way beyond the expensive bag which you compare to the number of skating lessons, this is getting into mortgage payment realms!

Offline skatingpasty

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
How much?!!!!
That's gone way beyond the expensive bag which you compare to the number of skating lessons, this is getting into mortgage payment realms!

Yeah $450 is like OTT for a skating bag, well suitcasse, think of the money wasted that could go towards  a decent pair of skates and private lessons...even though zucas are expensive, they're quite handy at our rink

Well I'd just change the subject slightly here...I'm deciding whether or not I should get a new insert around about now or at xmas, it's my birthday in a month today (yey!) and my current one has a little pocket missing and numerous holes at the back D:

I would be going from this one: (as much as I love it)

..to this one: (with my red seat cover)

What do you guys think? :D

Working on...

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »
The ones with crystals are my favorite. Nice choice.

Offline aussieskater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 52
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
Well, after a few years of faithful service, my old $20 rolling bag from the discount store has finally died (carry handle broke, extendable handle broke, then one of the wheels started to fail to rotate), so I needed a new bag.  According to my friends, I also needed to clean out my old bag - they did wonder what my old orthotics were doing in there and what else lurked beneath the skates?? - but that's a whole other thread!

I'm with those who'd rather spend on ice and lessons than a bag, so headed back to the discount store, where the bags are now $30.  My new one has a loud zebra print all over  :D    Hopefully this one will also last 3 years = $10/year.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »
Aussieskater, too bad you're not in the US. I went into a local craft's store (Joann's, it's a chain) and found rolling crafts bags that would be perfect for skaters.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
Aussieskater, too bad you're not in the US. I went into a local craft's store (Joann's, it's a chain) and found rolling crafts bags that would be perfect for skaters.

One of the other adults I skate with has one of those - it seems to work great for her :)