You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Zuca bags?  (Read 50266 times)

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
Re: Zuca bags?
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
I don't think they give the travel ones the flashy wheely, but I must say I LOVE the reaction when you wheel one through a hotel lobby. You've just got to be really brave and not look back. But EVERYONE is staring at them and commenting and wanting one. My neighbour loves my Zuca and gets quite upset if I don't take it out the house with me.

Oh goodness- I wouldn't want the flashy wheely- even on a skating bag!!!  But they only do black (it seemed??? did I get it wrong?), and I'm over black luggage, even for carry-ons.....

Offline Casey

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 14
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2014, 12:59:31 PM »
Oh goodness- I wouldn't want the flashy wheely- even on a skating bag!!!  But they only do black (it seemed??? did I get it wrong?), and I'm over black luggage, even for carry-ons.....

You can order them with non-flashing wheels, but by default, they come with the bottom two flashy, and the top two (which only come into play when pulling the bag up stairs or over a curb) non-flashy - you can easily switch them around; that's what I did before.  Perhaps you could also put flashy wheels on the travel bags if you wanted to (*sarcastic tempt tempt!*).

Issues aside, I know I want another Zuca.  I just have to decide between subtle (stealth black, non-flashy wheels) and looking like a girl. :P  Actually for the rink, I wouldn't care, but what I did like about the plain Zuca I had before was that I could drag it around for all kinds of other purposes without it looking out-of-place.  When I travelled I used a leather bag to carry my skates on to the plane.

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2014, 07:53:01 PM »

From what I can gather, the "pro" model is carry on approved, doesn't have flashy wheels, and is only sold with black inserts.

I wonder if you can switch it out though!