You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Klingbeil staff at Avanta Skates  (Read 3156 times)

Offline alan

• I'd Rather Be Skating
  • Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
Klingbeil staff at Avanta Skates
« on: May 20, 2016, 02:12:29 AM »
Does anyone know if any of the former Klingbeil employees are still working at Avanta Skates. I know Will Murillo was when Avanta was in Tenn., but now that the company moved to Hayward, Ca. I'm curious.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
Re: Klingbeil staff at Avanta Skates
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 04:03:46 PM »
I can't answer, but it is fascinating that they have moved to California, like a number of other skate companies. There must be a lot of skaters there.

Offline alan

• I'd Rather Be Skating
  • Designated Spinner
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 09:21:12 PM »
Thanks for reply. It is a little surprising they moved to California. Most companies want to move from California.

Offline theoreticalgirl

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 11:57:25 AM »
I get the sense that Don and Will are still with the company based on social media posts, but it never hurts to check in with them directly. They are pretty speedy about answering questions on the FB page.

BTW, I would love to know if folks have bought Avantas since the last Avanta discussion on the forum. Particularly interested in your overall experience of fitting and turnaround, plus the final cost of boots (if you're comfortable sharing). I wear Klingbeils and am trying to figure out where my next move might be.

Offline Jenna

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »
I was going to get fitted at Adult Nationals, but they cancelled because Don was sick.  The price list they sent me was $1050 for customs and you could add up to $200 of options (tongue and sole stuff).  I was disappointed because I loved my Klingbeils and wanted to try Avanta.  When they were in TN, it was a drivable weekend trip, not so much to Cali (do all skate boot makers have to set up shop in the Bay Area?) I needed boots, so I took a leap and have Edeas now.

Offline alan

• I'd Rather Be Skating
  • Designated Spinner
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »
How do you think your Edeas compared to your old Klingbeils?

Offline Jenna

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »
It was an adjustment at first.  Obviously, it's hard to beat a good custom fit and Edeas have poor arch support, IMO.  Other than that, they feel pretty good.  Definitely a great stock boot and more affordable than a custom Avanta boot.  If Klingbeil were still around, I wouldn't have switched, but I would put the Edeas as a good second choice.