You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Yerba Buena Ice Skating and Bowling Center  (Read 2638 times)

Offline nicklaszlo

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 221
Yerba Buena Ice Skating and Bowling Center
« on: August 17, 2019, 02:29:44 AM »
Sadly I did not get to go on the ice.  This rink is located in urban San Francisco.  It's got a great location and a beautiful building.  There are parks and a playground nearby.  The rink has huge windows, but unfortunately they are mostly covered.  The ice looked like it might be too cold (hockey style).  There were some good skaters practicing there.

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 196
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
Re: Yerba Buena Ice Skating and Bowling Center
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:59:12 AM »
Yerba Buena Ice Skating and Bowling Center.  Interesting combo.  How much do they charge for me to line up 10 hockey-jock boys on the ice and knock them down with a bowling ball? ;D

Offline alejeather

• Ice Tourist
  • Total GOE: 23
Re: Yerba Buena Ice Skating and Bowling Center
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 03:08:33 PM »
I've skated there a few times when in town for work. The rink is pretty warm and the ice is nice. If you're going for morning freestyles, the early ones tend to be quite crowded. I've been impressed with the etiquette on those sessions, but they are crowded none-the-less. The natural light is gorgeous. I believe they only use RinkMusic for running programs, so I have never run my program while there.

You can buy walk-on admission for freestyles at the desk when you come in. I don't think they take American Express. They've always been really friendly with me when paying.
"Any day now" turned out to be November 14, 2014.