You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Risport Boots  (Read 2426 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 189
Risport Boots
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »
Risport is offering a PSA discount at the conference next week, so I'm thinking of getting a pair just to muck around in for teaching.

Any feedback on Risport boots would be appreciated.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
Re: Risport Boots
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:47:54 AM »
I liked mine when I had them (Lasers I think it's equivalent to the RF4), but they're said to be narrow fitting (but that's all relative). I've friends in RF2 and RF3 who love them.

Offline MimiG

• CER-A
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
I love my Risports - they fit my feet best (long and narrow). I currently have Super Diamantes (RF2 in the new naming system?) and despite being somewhat over-booted at the time, they broke in reasonably nicely (this was pre-heat molding, so nice is relative...) and served me well through my Sr. Silver & Gold dances. 10+ years of occasional skating and increasingly frequent coaching later, they're still in great shape (even if I'm not!)

I've heard people mention that the heel is very tall on Risport boots and they felt pitched forward. Other than a very short time in GAMs, I've always had Risports, so I don't really know any different.

Offline kiwiskater

• Always a Flip, Never a Back Flip
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:56 PM »
Timely topic, my brothers hunt for a 2nd hand pair of skates has turned up a pair of Risports.

I haven't heard positive things about them (including plastic and nasty) and I wonder (if they actually fit) if they are worth a go for him? Do risports fit narrow compared with Riedell? I found Riedell too narrow & he is wider fitting than me....They don't specify a boot model but we do skate at quite a basic level as we've only been learning about 6-8 months....

"these skates are size 270 mms with a mark 4 ultima blade. aprox size is us 7 and uk 5.they have been untouched and are brand new risport skates."

Any opinions?

Offline MimiG

• CER-A
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
Without knowing which model he's looking at, it would be impossible to even guess if they'd suit him. Risport makes skates for every level of skater. Mine would never suit a beginner, and they aren't even the highest model.

Offline kiwiskater

• Always a Flip, Never a Back Flip
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »
yea thought that might be....had to ask the seller....they are apparently RF4's

Offline skatingpasty

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 4
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »
Timely topic, my brothers hunt for a 2nd hand pair of skates has turned up a pair of Risports.

I haven't heard positive things about them (including plastic and nasty) and I wonder (if they actually fit) if they are worth a go for him? Do risports fit narrow compared with Riedell? I found Riedell too narrow & he is wider fitting than me....They don't specify a boot model but we do skate at quite a basic level as we've only been learning about 6-8 months....

"these skates are size 270 mms with a mark 4 ultima blade. aprox size is us 7 and uk 5.they have been untouched and are brand new risport skates."

Any opinions?

I have RF4's and love them! The break in process was awful though - soo many blisters and cramps in my feet but my skating improved tremendously after upgrading from my graf boleros.
Yes they are narrow...narrower than I expected them to be when i tried them on. After the first few times skating in them I was getting terrible cramps in my feet and found that when I took the sole out, my pinky toe hung off the side - but they're nice and comfy now :)
I'm not sure about riedells as I've never personally tried them, but I suspect risport may be narrower from what I've heard..but it depends on your brother's foot shape, the RF4's tend to go really narrow near the toes compared to other skate brands.

They're supposed to be able to take you through axel but I've heard of people who've got up to high doubles in them...on the website they're the highest model under the 'basic skating' category.

See if you can find someone at your rink who has RF4's, then you'll be able to see them properly :)
Working on...
Ⓢⓟⓘⓝⓢ: flying camel, back camel, back sit, layback, change camel/sit, combination spins
Ⓙⓤⓜⓟⓢ: axel preparation
ⓕⓘⓔⓛⓓ ⓜⓞⓥⓔⓢ: Level 1,2 and 3