You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Zuca customer service  (Read 1632 times)

Offline twinskaters

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 9
Zuca customer service
« on: March 21, 2016, 05:00:48 PM »
My girls' Zucas are about 2.5 years old and the velcro on the frame that attaches to the bag has fallen off. I emailed Zuca over the weekend and got a reply today asking me for my address so they can send me new strips, and offering suggestions on applying them to maximize their life. Just thought I would share that in case anyone is in the same boat!

Offline amandascw

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 1
  • Freeskate 3
Re: Zuca customer service
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:55:10 PM »
The same thing happened to me. Thanks! :)
sk8 obsessed

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 03:50:20 PM »
I superglued the velcro to the frame when it happened to me. Since then, I've never had a problem with them coming off or the bag detaching from the frame. And the frame is now 9 years old, so I'm waiting for the glue to fail...

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 08:10:38 PM »
Mine didn't stick from the day I got my Zuca. I just ignored it.  88)
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline Ethereal Ice

• Prerotation Society
  • Total GOE: 13
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 04:14:54 AM »
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to give Zuca a positive review on handling a situation for me, I thought they were very good even though I did not purchase the product directly from them, and that, to me, is really good customer service.

I had purchased a frame and bag from a reputable seller online and within a couple of uses, the plastic clip on the top had essentially shattered. It did not occur during actual use (clipping and unclipping) to my knowledge. I basically went to clip my bag together before putting it in the car and noticed a huge chunk of plastic out of the top clip and the rest of the clip was cracked and ready to fall apart. Keep in mind this was literally the second time I used the bag.

It was, frankly, a strange situation, I an an adult and take very good care of my things, especially my precious new Zuca. Having only used the bag one other time, I could not imagine what I would have to have done to it to get the clip to shatter like that, maybe run it over with the car? It was my contention that the clip was defective from the get go. I immediately removed the insert from my frame and notified the seller of the issue. I sent pics. I received an email back saying that he had notified Zuca and, according to them, this was a "wear and tear" issue and they were not responsible. He then said he could send me another clip (not one that matched) and I could then take the bag to a seamstress to have it stiched back on.

I became quite irritated. I understand that the warranty on a Zuca is primarily for the frame, but they make the inserts too, and to have one falling apart within a week is ridiculous. I felt the seller was nuts, expecting me to go to and pay a seamstress to attach a non matching clip on a $50 insert, seriously?

I had basically replied to the seller the above message, when my hubby decided to give Zuca a call. After a five minute conversation with a gentleman named John Rodriguez I had a brand new insert on the way, it arrived in less than 48 hours. They did not even ask for the old one back, just pics of the damage and proof of purchase. I sent Zuca an email to let them know how happy I was with the way they handled the situation, even though they were not the ones that sold me the bag. Odd as the situation might have been, IMO, the seller should have done what Zuca did immediately, he has lost a customer for sure...one with a bag addiction   :blush: I love my Zuca frame and the inserts... and plan to continue to add to my collection (but not from that seller!!).