You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Harlick X-Line  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Orianna2000

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 22
    • Yesterday's Thimble
Harlick X-Line
« on: April 02, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »
Has anyone any experience with the X-Line series of skates by Harlick? They're advertised as having a wider toe-box, fuller arch, and narrower heel, which sounds like it's just what I need. I'm not sure what "fuller arch" means, though. If it means a wider arch, that's perfect.

I don't know if I would need to still order a split width, or not. I guess I should email them and ask. But I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with these skates. Are they worth getting instead of the classic style skate? You can get them for the same price, which is nice. They don't look as pretty, since they're wider at the toe, but if that's what I need, then it might be a Godsend.

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
Re: Harlick X-Line
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 10:53:06 PM »
 I would strongly encourage you to call them directly and discuss your needs with them.  They were very helpful when I was going through my boot order. 

Offline Orianna2000

• Freestyle Skater
    • Yesterday's Thimble
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »
I do plan to contact them, at some point. I was just hoping someone would have personal experience with them. I may be flying out to California soon, in which case I will visit a pro-shop that's a preferred dealer for Harlick, so I can get fitted properly and try a few pairs on before ordering my mega-super-wide skates.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
If you'll be in the bay area I'd recommend going directly to Harlick - no one will fit their skates better than they can :)

Offline Orianna2000

• Freestyle Skater
    • Yesterday's Thimble
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »
Unfortunately, I'll be in southern CA. I was hoping to visit Harlick directly, but I mistakenly thought they were in LA. I guess a preferred dealer will have to do.

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
How about Ultimate Skate at Anaheim Ice?

Offline Orianna2000

• Freestyle Skater
    • Yesterday's Thimble
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »
I'm not sure which pro-shop I'll go to, there's a bunch listed for southern CA. USA Skates is one of them, and they were recommended by the skating director at my rink, but we'll see. We'll probably pick whichever one is closest to where I'll be staying, if I go. It's still not a certainty if I'm going or not. Meanwhile I'm trying to get hold of someone from a pro-shop in a city about two hours from here, to see if they have X-Lines or at least regular Harlicks in stock that I could try on.