You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Off ice workouts  (Read 3233 times)

Offline laraxsha

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 4
Off ice workouts
« on: December 28, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »
I'm quite new to this so I was wondering if anyone could recommend good exercises to do for off ice and/or good stretches for both legs and back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Kitten23

• Future Adult National Champion
  • Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 12
Re: Off ice workouts
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 10:29:13 PM »
I say yoga and Pilates, either or both.  I am far from being an expert, but those are the two that come to mind.
Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

http://competitiveadultfigureskater.blogspot.com/

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
Re: Off ice workouts
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 02:34:50 AM »
You know....I've dropped the ball on my off ice workout's too.  Ha- my workouts in general.  New Year new Challenge?

If you're looking for something skating related, I recommend Sk8strong.  I have her adult workout, dynamic warm-up and the manual.  When I actually get off my bum and do things, it's great.  They don't require a lot of equipment and nothing expensive or hard to find.

In addition to aerobic exercises for endurance, anything that builds your core strength is going to help you.  You also need strong thighs (to hold that all important knee bend position), and if you're jumping, upper body strength.