You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Competition music  (Read 1555 times)

Offline laraxsha

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 4
Competition music
« on: December 28, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »
I'm extremely bad at making decisions especially as this will be my first competition. I'm in freestyle 1 ISI Asia and I need a song for my skate. It has to be slow and can be classical, pop or anything as long as it's slow.
Any recommendations please??
I'm having trouble finding a song

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
Re: Competition music
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
For my daughter, the song needs to be one that she connects to in some way - something that expresses how she feels or that touches her emotions. Because she is a teen, she often picks songs from movies with characters she identifies with and then we listen to the movie soundtrack and piece something together.

She has skated to something from "Harry Potter", something from the animated movie "Spirit", something from "Transformers", and also to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I think she is planning on "Phantom of the Opera" or "Pirates of the Caribbean" for her next program. Do you have any favorite classical composers, contemporary music artists or a movie that is a favorite? That may be a good starting place.