You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Jackson Debut Boot  (Read 181 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
Jackson Debut Boot
« on: July 13, 2017, 09:58:48 AM »
Jackson announced a new model today: the Debut.  It's rated up through Axel.

http://www.jacksonultima.com/en/Index.aspx?product=pLCdcjOtcln22rcKmyYpcg1A2B3C4D5E1A2B3C4D5E
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline tstop4me

• Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 136
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
Re: Jackson Debut Boot
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
Sexual discrimination lawsuit in the offing.  Women's boots come with Swarovski crystals, men's don't. 

Online skategeek

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 231
  • or is that geekyskater?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 04:05:52 PM »
Jackson announced a new model today: the Debut.  It's rated up through Axel.

http://www.jacksonultima.com/en/Index.aspx?product=pLCdcjOtcln22rcKmyYpcg1A2B3C4D5E1A2B3C4D5E

And the Competitor (about the same support level) just disappeared from the Boot page (but is still on the Figure Skate page with the attached Aspire blade).  So I guess the Debut is meant to sort of replace the Competitor for people who want just the boot?  (I'm keeping an eye on this because that's probably about the level boot I'll be looking at when I eventually have to replace my Elles.)

Offline davincisop

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 71
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:17:32 AM »
I feel like such a nerd saying this, but I'm a graphic designer/illustrator full time and who thought kerning this was a good idea..... the letters should connect....

Online skategeek

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 231
  • or is that geekyskater?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:51:54 AM »
I feel like such a nerd saying this, but I'm a graphic designer/illustrator full time and who thought kerning this was a good idea..... the letters should connect....

I hadn't noticed initially because I didn't zoom in, but you're right.  Now that's going to drive me nuts.  The new D ebut!

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:05:21 AM »

I thought about you in late April - were your ears burning?  I used the new Microsoft font, Gabriola, for a exhibition program.  It drove me crazy - loved the font, but couldn't figure out how to get the swirls and swishes to behave.  The font shows different flourishes based on the actual letters and it doesn't kern nicely.  Two of skaters have a two-word last name (no hyphen.)  The mom proofread the document and said "You left out the space!"  I hadn't - for one skater, it looked fine, for the other, there was no gap.  Putting an extra space resolved it, but it was so frustrating!  In the titles, it added spaces I didn't want!  If it hadn't been the middle of the night, I would have asked for your help.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline tstop4me

• Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 136
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 10:33:37 AM »
I hadn't noticed initially because I didn't zoom in, but you're right.  Now that's going to drive me nuts.  The new D ebut!
This is part of a carefully planned rollout ... the next model will be the E ebut.