You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Papadakis/Cizeron  (Read 5145 times)

Offline riley876

• BladeLock
  • AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 26
Papadakis/Cizeron
« on: February 10, 2016, 01:35:03 AM »
2016 Europeans.  FD.

Wow.  Just wow.   The flow.   The sublime choice & use of music.   Powerful yet utterly effortless.  Just memorising.   If I had to pick two words, I'd pick "grown up".    Usually pairs ends up comes across to me as teenage flirting-on-skates,  but this didn't.  It was just two grown ups who know each other incredibly well enjoying moving with each other.   

Again, if I'm so memorised I can't even be bothered looking at the technical aspects, it wins for me.   And this did.

And even the costumes worked.   Great colours.   Understated but not boring.   Knee length skirt lends such a grown up feel to a routine.    Even his kind of worked, lol, as if anyone noticed.   Though I'm not usually a fan of tight tops on guys.

But anyway, these two are going to be really good someday.   ;D

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: Papadakis/Cizeron
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 03:17:47 PM »
Agreed.

I could watch them skate ALL DAY - and yeah, technically who cares what they are doing - beautiful, beautiful dancing.  They didn't even strike me as skating - they just happened to have skates on making beautiful, beautiful movement and relating... there are no words actually.

I look forward to seeing them win Worlds... again!

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:56:27 PM »
I just want to say that for once the man's costume was great. I hate when the man's costume matches the woman's like he's a doll dressed by a three year old, or has so much junk on it that he looks silly. Nope this was same color family and just a shading of the contrasting color across the back. Enough to be noticed but not so much as to distract.

Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline trixietoes

• Axelicious!
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 07:09:14 PM »
World's is not a lock for them.