You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: In what order did you learn your 3-turns?  (Read 7335 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: In what order did you learn your 3-turns?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »
I find forward brackets easier than all of the back turns.  I'm blaming the skates for now, but we'll see what happens come summer.  I have a decent RBO3, but I just fake the LBO3, and the back inside turns are horrible.  Backward brackets are non-existent.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline lutefisk

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 153
    • On Thin Ice
Re: In what order did you learn your 3-turns?
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 04:02:22 AM »
Since returning to skating, I haven't yet gotten back most of my turns, I guess because I don't really work on them. Right now my order of ease is RFO, LFI, LFO, can just barely manage RFI, and forget back 3s. My primary issue is that I drop my hip... I need to do some off-ice work to help me stop doing it.

Treesprite:  I feel your pain.  I also prefer turning CW rather than CCW.  Problem is that I jump CCW and those bad 3s are the set up moves to jumps like the half flip and ballet jump.  Most annoying!  I'm probably dropping my hip but I also kick up my right leg during the LFO and my post turn check is poor on both the FO and IO CCW 3s.  I really have to think hard to turn in that direction whereas doing the mirror image turns just seem to happen "naturally" and without much thinking.  I haven't gotten to B3s yet but I have bought a new crash helmet!