You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Forum Access Errors  (Read 6274 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Forum Access Errors
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
One of my computers is giving me fits about accessing topics on this board.  Another member sent me a PM saying they were already unable to post as a result of similar errors.

If you are having problems, please try to send Jim a PM to let him know.  If you could include your browser and operating system versions, that would help.   (You can also email him at administrator@skatingforums.com)

Thanks
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: Forum Access Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »
I was having issues and I couldn't even get into PM's or anything else to do that much.. turns out I was using the old skatingforums2 url, and something changed a couple of weeks ago so that one no longer works correctly (it has PHP errors and won't load a full forum page).

I couldn't even read any topics, so I'm not sure anyone else who is having trouble would be able to see this thread either.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »
I was having issues and I couldn't even get into PM's or anything else to do that much.. turns out I was using the old skatingforums2 url, and something changed a couple of weeks ago so that one no longer works correctly (it has PHP errors and won't load a full forum page).

I couldn't even read any topics, so I'm not sure anyone else who is having trouble would be able to see this thread either.
That was a different problem, easily resolved by logging out, clearing cache/cookies and then using the correct URL.

The one that surfaced early this week is different.  You can use PM's and even read the posts via the "latest posts" feed.  However, you can't access the individual topics without seeing an error.  Since this post is new, it should come up on their feed.

Just to be on the safe side, I'll put a note on the header.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »
I could log in and see the list of unread topics, but clicking on any of them caused a PHP error and I could not actually read any of the thread... which IMO has nothing to do with cookies.

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Call to undefined function call_integration_hook() in /home/medibird/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code on line 171

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:05:28 AM »
Sarahspins, that's the same as what's happening to me on my laptop, when I try to enter a board.

I'm on a library computer now, no problems.

EDIT:

*facepalm*

I just went on my laptop and typed in www.skatingforums.com. No problems now.  :sweat So clearly, I'm an idiot and the fifty billion warnings about the URL change flew straight over my head  :blush:
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 08:39:03 AM »
I just went on my laptop and typed in www.skatingforums.com. No problems now.  :sweat So clearly, I'm an idiot and the fifty billion warnings about the URL change flew straight over my head  :blush:

Well, I'm :-[ because the same is true on my laptop.  I had a menu bar shortcut setup that I didn't update for the URL. I had updated the other devices; must have missed the laptop shortcut.

However, there is supposed to be a redirect in place to send any skatingforums2 URLs to skatingforums, so theoretically, that shouldn't be happening.  I'm not a guru at webpages, though, so hopefully this isn't a different problem.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright