You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Positioning Skatingsafe knee pads  (Read 1321 times)

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Positioning Skatingsafe knee pads
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »
A friend of mine recently got skatingsafe knee pads (yeah!!!) with retention sleeves, and I was surprised how low she positioned them, barely covering the kneecaps. She pointed out the photo from website shows a low position (she had it even lower) and it got me curious: is it where you position your gel knee pads? I personally have it 1-2 inches higher so the kneecaps stay exactly in the center.

These photos with retention sleeve and without look more reasonable.

Also some of us wear the knee pad with the pointed end downward while the official way has the pointed end to the side. Guess the preference depends on how people usually fall? My prior bruises are all on the top of kneecaps, my friend has hers all below the knee, and people working on advanced jumps bruise the side of knee?

Offline Sk8Dreams

• CER-B
  • Quintuple Salflutzchow
  • Total GOE: 70
  • On Edge
Re: Positioning Skatingsafe knee pads
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:12:16 PM »
I position mine with the pointed end up and the bulge on the outside.  I have a good deal of pad above the knee because I wear the without a sleeve, next to the skin, under my tights.  I dab a drop of water on them first (next to skin side), and they don't slip.
My glass is half full :)