You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Harlick insoles  (Read 1441 times)

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
Harlick insoles
« on: January 28, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
I just got a new pair of custom Harlicks with their regular leather insole (or sock liner as they call it).  I tried the boots on the ice twice and the sole feels very hard (much harder than my prior Riedells).  Of course, the heel is 1/4 inch higher than Riedell, so perhaps I am more on the ball than I was previously, so maybe that is contributing to my feeling uncushioned. 

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion for insoles that are softer. 
I have a normal arch, but have some Green Superfeet in my running shoes.  They helped with shin pain, but I really hate the feeling of the sole under the arch. 
In the Riedells I have not needed additional insoles. 
Any suggestions?   

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: Harlick insoles
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
Doesn't Harlick have an insole that is shock absorbing or something?  Would they swap it out for you?

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »
Why not get some of those thin gel insoles from the drugstore, and cut them to fit for you under the harlick insole. Some of them for women in high heels are thin enough that they won't push your foot too high in the boot.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Sk8Dreams

• CER-B
  • Quintuple Salflutzchow
  • Total GOE: 70
  • On Edge
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »
Why not get some of those thin gel insoles from the drugstore, and cut them to fit for you under the harlick insole. Some of them for women in high heels are thin enough that they won't push your foot too high in the boot.

I tried those in my Edeas and they didn't help; just not enough padding for me.  I second trying for shock absorbing insoles from Harlick.  The only thing that worked in my Edeas was my custom Klingbeil insoles, which are thickly padded orthotics.
My glass is half full :)