You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Would you take the test  (Read 2087 times)

Offline rosereedy

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 6
Would you take the test
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
I was looking back at my test history and see that apparently back in 2005 I took the Adult Gold Free Skating test and failed.  But back in 2003 I took the Juvenile Free Skate test and passed which is what you need to be able to skate AG (without testing at the adult level).  Do you think it would be worth it to take the test or just not worry about it?  I am torn as to what I should do and what is the sensible thing to do.  Looking at the requirements, they seem to be pretty much the same test,  but the Juvenile test has a few more requirements in the spin section.  I guess the thing would be just having the satisfaction of saying that I officially passed AG test.  Ugh, so conflicted.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
Re: Would you take the test
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
I don't see any reason to take it unless you want to.  You could even train to take the AG test while still competing AG (and not "skating up") due to your Juvenile qualification.

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 12:41:18 PM »
You might want to take the Adult Gold FS test if you'd like to order the gold medal from USFS.  If you're a USFS club member, your club might pay for all or a portion of the cost of the medal (I think it is fairly expensive).  I think it would be wonderful to say you're a USFS gold medalist in Adult Free Skate.

Offline JSM

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 39
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:56:10 PM »
You can do that?  I was going to comment that I compete gold and I only passed the juvenile freeskate (95 I think?), I didn't realize you could do the adult gold freeskate too.  It would be fun to test those to get the "gold medals" - at this point, I think my chances of making it to the senior level are pretty slim!

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »
You can order the cool gold medalist jacket.  It's like bragging without saying a word.

Offline CrossStroke

• Administrator
  • Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 50
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
I tested MITF standard track, and after passing juvenile, when preparing for intermediate, took adult gold MITF just for personal satisfaction and bragging rights  :laugh:  :blush:  :laugh:

Offline phoenix

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 74
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
You might want to do it if you want/need a goal to work towards.