Well you should keep on skating through the summer whether "figure skating" is allowed or not - it will give you time to work on basic edges and stroking and edges and stroking.
By "figure skating" I'm guessing they mean jumps and spins - but there is a lot more to skating - I would work on turns and edges.
Oh I will be for sure! Gotta develop those muscles as well
Well to gove an example of what Im facing with most local rinks near to me this is their exaaact quote:
For reasons of safety, the following are not permitted during General Public Skate sessions:
· Speed skates
· Games (crack the whip, tag, horseplay etc.)
· Snowball throwing
· Hockey sticks, Ringette sticks, pucks or balls
· Electronic Devices (MP3 players, IPODS etc.)
. Cellular telephones (no texting/instant messages etc).
· Skating aids, chairs, strollers or buggies
· Skating backwards
· Standing around, please keep moving at all times
· Holding children in arms while skating
· Jumps, spins or other figure skating routines
· Sitting on the rink boards
· Chipping or gouging the ice with skates
· Persons not wearing skates or spikies"