You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: doubles?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline maddieonice

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
doubles?
« on: February 18, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »
Hello!
I skated for about 6 years when I was younger but got injured when I was 10 and had to take a break! The break ended up being much longer than intended, I am now 16 and I've just gotten back into skating about a month ago. I currently have three 30 minute lessons a week and go to public sessions once or twice a week, at this point I can do a flip jump, toe loop, and waltz jump again and i am still working on my other singles. I was just curious as to if I would ever be able to doubles and if so if it would be possible to get an estimate on how long it would take until I started learning them?
Thank you!!  :)

[Mod note: Topic moved to On The Boards]

Offline Doubletoe

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 139
Re: doubles?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »
It may take you a year or so to get the axel back (assuming you had it).  The more you practice your backspin, the sooner you'll get your axel.  Once you've got the axel, you'll probably get your double salchow within the next 6 months or so, then the others will probably follow in the next year or two.  No reason you can't do them all! :D