You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Wifa skates?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Jeté

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
  • Jumping is nice!
Wifa skates?
« on: October 20, 2017, 04:26:25 AM »
Hey guys!
Just wanted to know the fit of a Wifa figure skating boot because I can’t seem to find them anywhere?
If anyone has any experience of wearing these please tell me.
All posts are appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeté

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
Re: Wifa skates?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
Our club has a lot of them in the loaning skates.  A LOT of the women on my team skate in them.  They are all very happy.  What I see in looking at the way they're wearing them, is that they seem to be big.  This could be a function of the size they chose, or how they were fitted to begin with, or both.  I can ask around and see if anyone here knows.  But since there's no real fitter here, people tend to buy either the skates they borrowed from the club when they were in group lessons, or get something that has a good reputation.  Then they buy too large so they are comfortable (but the skates clearly don't fit right).  You're in Australia, right?  They sell those there, as I recall (First time I ever encountered Wifa's was when I was living in Australia), whatever you learn about their last shape, my recommendation is going to stay the same- put your foot in there.  When I bought about 5 years ago, everyone was telling me to get Grafs.  I tried them, but knew the INSTANT I put my foot in that they weren't going to work for me.  I didn't even need to tie them up. There is absolutely no replacement for trying things on.  We had to make an overnight trip to Paris to do it, so I feel you being far from a skate shop.  But in my opinion, its imperative to go.  This is why we made a weekend out of it with our kids.

Good luck!