You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: edea piano  (Read 5545 times)

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 17
edea piano
« on: June 04, 2016, 06:48:46 PM »
My daughters coach just put her in the new boot. Any others?  It is stiffer but also lighter.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: edea piano
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 01:30:18 PM »
It's also the only vegan high level boot I'm aware of... but that's pretty much all I know :)  No one at my rink has them yet... though we have quite a few skaters in ice flys now (even I have a pair I haven't put blades on yet).

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »
She has had them for two days. The heel stays down better but they are a bit stiffer.  She says they will take  a bit to get used to.

Offline ARoo

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 12
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 08:18:06 PM »
My daughter will be moving up to a new size in the fall so we'll be deciding between the higher end Edea boots. I've been thinking I should probably start saving my pennies for Ice Flies. Do you know why the coach suggested Piano over Ice Flies? I'm curious and I so wish we had an Amazon style review system for skating stuff!! I'm not sure what we'll decide to do yet. She's in the Chorus now.

Offline ARoo

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 08:23:16 PM »
Hmm.  I just looked up the sizing available and they aren't even available in my daughter's size. Looks like we won't have much to decide. The concerto also doesn't come in her size so it's another Chorus boot or Ice Flies. I don't see the Chorus taking her through another year or more. I guess she'll be getting Ice Flies.

Offline severina

• Mohawk of Doom
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:28:20 PM »
I just upgraded from the ice fly to the piano.  They are stiffer, but it still only took me 30 minutes to initially break in.  I broke down my ice fly within a year and a half.  I have all of my doubles still at 38 and noticed they were breaking down when consistency started going out the window.  Within 2 days the Piano felt perfect.  They are stiffer but that's no issue - I used to be a triple bond harlick girl.  I love the added stiffness...   I got the narrower B width since I am actually an A/AA and don't feel like I'm wiggling at all - they feel so much more secure, but adapting to them was nothing since they still feel like the ice fly overall.

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 11:28:38 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  Her coaches kids all only have edeas, and I am talking about 25  skaters or so.  She put her in the piano because she is done growing and hard on her skates.
I just upgraded from the ice fly to the piano.  They are stiffer, but it still only took me 30 minutes to initially break in.  I broke down my ice fly within a year and a half.  I have all of my doubles still at 38 and noticed they were breaking down when consistency started going out the window.  Within 2 days the Piano felt perfect.  They are stiffer but that's no issue - I used to be a triple bond harlick girl.  I love the added stiffness...   I got the narrower B width since I am actually an A/AA and don't feel like I'm wiggling at all - they feel so much more secure, but adapting to them was nothing since they still feel like the ice fly overall.

Are you using the new insoles or another kind?

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
My daughter will be moving up to a new size in the fall so we'll be deciding between the higher end Edea boots. I've been thinking I should probably start saving my pennies for Ice Flies. Do you know why the coach suggested Piano over Ice Flies? I'm curious and I so wish we had an Amazon style review system for skating stuff!! I'm not sure what we'll decide to do yet. She's in the Chorus now.

What size is she in?

Offline beginner skater

• Synchro Stompin'
  • Total GOE: 6
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »

[/quote]
I so wish we had an Amazon style review system for skating stuff!!

Great idea! We could easily if we asked the board admin to make a section for product reviews, and we could then post on  products on separate threads.

Offline theoreticalgirl

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 1
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
Isn't that what the "Pro Shop" forum is for?

Offline beginner skater

• Synchro Stompin'
  • Total GOE: 6
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 02:22:15 PM »
The pro shop forum covers a wide range of topics, you have to do a search and ferret quite hard if you want people's opinions on a specific product

Offline ARoo

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 05:27:31 PM »

What size is she in?

She's a 215 now. She still technically measured a 210 when we got her skates in October, so I don't anticipate her going above a 220 this fall.

I am sure the ice fly will meet her needs this year. I just need to be sure to ask them to bring along smaller sizes. :)

Offline severina

• Mohawk of Doom
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »

Are you using the new insoles or another kind?

I use custom superfeet carbon.  Instead of using the superfeet liner (the top part) we attach the edea insole to the shell of the superfeet and sand/trim the shell itself to fit in the skates perfectly.  I have duck feet and beyond flat.  I pronate severely, so I can't just use any insole.  Before I used the custom carbon I'd use the yellow superfeet, but these just aren't enough so now I get them completely customized.

Offline severina

• Mohawk of Doom
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
oh and we did attach the new insole this time to the custom carbon's shell.  I love the new insole with the softening pad that's under it.  I feel like this is the part that makes me think I have springs in my skates. :)