You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: ---Wils. Coronation Ace Revolution / MK Prof Revolution --- any opinion?  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Skating Skies

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
Hi all,
Just would like to know if anybody used Coronation Ace Revolution OR MK Prof Revolution --- any opinion?
Thank you.

Offline EricaDer

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 4
Re: ---Wils. Coronation Ace Revolution / MK Prof Revolution --- any opinion?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »
My daughter has been skating on a traditional Coro Ace for a few years and I am just switching her to the MK Pro Revolution.  The skates should be here next week - happy to update you and let you know how she likes them!  I've read great things about them, and the shop we ordered them from (sharper edge, spoke with Jon) said they prefer the MK Pro over the Coro Ace in general.  So there's that, for what it's worth.

I know DD's new coach really prefers the MK Pro over the Coro Ace as well, hence the switch.  My understanding is that the blades are very similar to each other.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: ---Wils. Coronation Ace Revolution / MK Prof Revolution --- any opinion?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:13:13 AM »
The main difference between these two blades in in the toe pick configuration.  The coronation ace is cross cut with 90˚ angles on the picks, and the professional is cross cut leaving the picks at about 60˚ - so effectively the toe picks on the pro are "pointier" - what that translates to on the ice is debatable though, because it's just different for everyone and what they prefer (and there is even a subset of skaters who prefer straight cut picks over anything cross cut).  The overall angle of the toe pick cluster and size/shape of the top pick and drag pick are also slightly different between the two, but only subtly, not nearly as substantial as comparing either one to something like a Pattern 99 or Phantom.