You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: ---Warranty for EDEA boots - does it exist at all?  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Skating Skies

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
---Warranty for EDEA boots - does it exist at all?
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:07:58 AM »
Hi guys and girls,
I am looking for the info about EDEA boots warranty. I just bought Chorus. The retailer told me he'll contact manufacture and sunk. I've contacted US distributor - no response from her on this topic. I still have time to return them and get something else, but the boots feel so good - that would be bummer... :)
If somebody knows anything about warranty on them - pls let me know.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
Re: ---Warranty for EDEA boots - does it exist at all?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »
Personally, if they fit well, I'd keep them. Fit is the most important thing.

I don't know anything you can't search for yourself on the Internet. But I just looked

Edia's roller skating pages mention a warrantee without being specific:

http://roller.edeaskates.com/en/tech-info/frame-assembly/traditional-frame-mounting/

You refer to the U.S. distributor as "she". Last I knew, the main U.S. distributor is Skates U.S., run by David Rippon [sp?], a "he". Though maybe a "she" answers the phone.

Their contact info, from the Edea web site, is:

SKATES US, Inc
415 West Eaton Pike, Richmond, Indiana 47374, USA
+1 765 935 7477

I'm tempted to suggest you call the factory - except it is in Italy, so I don't know if you would get someone who spoke English.

Other English language contacts, according to Their dealership list are a Canadian dealer

Jerry s Skating World Inc.
265 Hood Road #4, Markham, Ontario L3R 4N3, Canada
+1 905 477 1172
www.jerryskate.com

and a couple Australian dealers.

Offline Skating Skies

• Designated Spinner
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »
Thanks so much for reply. The US dealer that I am talking to is Elizabeth Walker. And here what she told me about warranty:
...To answer your question, EDEA does not provide us with a paper warranty, so we cannot provide you with one, unfortunately. However, that being said, we treat our customers fairly and do everything we can to stand behind them. If you have a problem with the boots, please contact your dealer. He or she will keep in communication with us and we will find a way to resolve the issue for you. If the product is truly defective, we will work with your dealer to come up with a solution. Skates U.S. must authorize the defect and replacement. Although there is no paper warranty, we strive to provide our customers with a solution should an item have a manufacturer’s defect.

If you come across any issues with your boots, report them to your dealer. If you aren’t getting a solution to the issue within a reasonable amount of time, feel free to contact me....

So I guess I just hope they are good and not defective :)

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 09:33:14 PM »
One of the skaters at my rink had a heel crack in her Edea Ice Fly within a few weeks.  The store that she purchased the boots from, replaced them for her at no charge.
What kind of a warranty are you looking for?

I would also agree that if the boots fit, keep them!  Comfortable well fitting boots are worth their weight in gold! 

Offline Skating Skies

• Designated Spinner
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 11:18:03 PM »
To answer your question I am looking for any warranty (if it's manufacture or store - I don't care) just in case if something like that happens I want them to be replaced. I've paid more than $400 for them. But I think Elizabeth had answered my question. In case if something happens to them - she'll work with me.