You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Bill_S

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 223
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks
« on: July 10, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
For sale are a smaller, painted versions of skate drying/storage wall racks. I'm currently asking $45 for the painted versions + $15 shipping (domestic). I plan to offer unpainted versions later so you can match whatever d├ęcor you wish.

These will allow more air circulation than skates stored on the floor to help dry them, and will reduce blade rust (and rust is the reason that I made the first one for myself)

The first one offered is a mint green rack with very light-colored maple pegs...

The second one is finished with a deep red color with oak pegs. It's a sultry combination for the Carmens out there...

The racks mount to the wall, and hold the skates by the blades on the pegs.

If you have non-standard blades, I'm unsure how it will work. There is more information about the development of these racks, with photos, posted on this board in this thread... http://skatingforums.com/index.php?topic=5865.0

If you are interested in either of these, send a message via this board or reply to this thread. Payment via PayPal is preferred, but I'm open to other possibilities.
Bill Schneider

Offline Bill_S

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »
I've added a few more in different colors. They are all $45 + $15 shipping/handling (domestic).

First is a "Coastal Blue" painted rack with oak pegs. It's a handsome, understated combination that should appeal to adults.

Next is a "Coral Crush" painted rack with very pale maple pegs. It's lively and won't disappear on the wall.

Last for now is a trendy "Crushed Oregano" green color. It would look good against a pure white wall, not the warm white paper background against which this photo is made.

I have a pale blue rack underway, but I'm out of pegs. I'll post pictures of it and of the unpainted kits when I have the new pegs.

Just reply to this thread or send a private message via this board if you want more information or wish to purchase one. I prefer PayPal for payment.

Bill Schneider

Offline Bill_S

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Standard Skate Drying/Storage Wall Racks
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
I've sold a number of these at the local level, but I'm shutting down production. Here's a photo of a recently-made pale blue rack with maple pegs for sale. I have two of these on hand. Racks in the other colors shown above are also available, but I have only one of each on hand.

These will make nice gifts for coaches and skaters as the holiday season approaches. The cost remains $45 + $15 shipping.

For the avid DIYer, I have a couple rack kits available too. Paint it your favorite color, or stain it to suite. The material is Baltic Birch plywood. They are $35 each, shipped for free.

I still have two Premium hardwood racks for sale (walnut and cherry) as seen in this thread...

http://skatingforums.com/index.php?topic=6033.0

Mounting instructions are here... http://www.ohio.edu/people/schneidw/skating/images/skate_rack_mount_instructions.pdf

PayPal is preferred.
Bill Schneider