You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Breaking in Sp Teri's properly?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline SkaterSia

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
  • It's a slow climb to the top
Breaking in Sp Teri's properly?
« on: September 01, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »
My new Super Teri's came in today and I'm super excited. I don't actually skate in them until Tuesday though. However, I've been really intimidated by them too. These are my first Sp Teri skates--I had the Riedell LS 2010 and they've always (since the day I got them) made my feet numb or hurt badly. Anywho, what's the best way to break them in. Also, what should I expect from these boots? Any reviews?
Chin up, beautiful ☺

Offline alejeather

• Ice Tourist
  • Total GOE: 23
Re: Breaking in Sp Teri's properly?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
I have never broken in SP Teri's, but I just ordered a pair so I've been looking at break-in information as well. I found this list of instructions in "Anatomy of a Figure Skating Injury" by John Harmata and I think I may follow it when I get my new boots.

• For the first hour, do crossovers and stroking.
  • During the next two to three hours, begin mixing in spins. For sit spins, go down only as far as the boot allows until resistance is felt
  • During hours four and five, lace boots to the top and mix in single jumps up to and including the axel.
  • During hours six and seven, mix in double jumps.
  • After seven hours of breaking-in time, resume a normal routine.

You may not need all the steps, depending on what you're working on. I believe the recommendation is to not lace the top hook until hours four and five.

Also, we've been discussing the Super Teri over here: http://skatingforums.com/index.php?topic=5155.0

Good luck with your new boots!
"Any day now" turned out to be November 14, 2014.